Hmm, interesting to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Corm View Post
- No types are immune to mind-affecting. Oozes and vermin could still list it because the majority of them are mindless.

- No types are immune to stunning. If the thing which stuns also affects the mind, the ability should be listed as mind-affecting. If not, there's no reason a creature type should be immune to it.
I suppose these makes sense, really.

- No types are immune to poison or disease. The DM must simply use sense to decide if a certain poison meant for one creature would also work on another or not. There could be poisons or diseases which are construct-specific, for example.
Here it might be good to include some suggested poisons and diseases, or at least reference the BoED ones (whether to condemn or praise them, I am not sure ).

- Creatures that do not sleep are immune to the sleep spell. This doesn't have to be stated. Just something that bothers me :P. They don't mention that creatures that don't breathe are immune to drown and so on...

- No types are immune to paralysis. I have no idea why certain types get this.
Maybe belt-and-suspenders logic? I suspect 3.5's type system wasn't put together very rigorously.

- Every type has a Constitution score. For undead, this represents how strong the negative energy is that binds them together. For constructs, it represents how well-built they are. Constructs no longer get bonus hit points for size, and constructs and undead are no longer immune to effects that require Fortitude saves.
Now this, I really like.

- No types are immune to polymorph. Why all plants are immune to shapeshifting magic is beyond me...

- Every type is subject to critical hits, except oozes and elementals.

- Every type is subject to flanking, except oozes.

- No types are immune to ability damage, unless they don't have that ability score (mostly due to mindlessness and/or incorporeality).
These are all fairly intuitive, although it might be interesting to know why immunity to ability damage was granted in the first place....

- Darkvision is not automatically granted to any race except undead. This thing is thrown around to just about every creature.
Perhaps it's the whole "Dungeons" thing.

- Undead and constructs could be made more easily into player races. The only real benefit the new undead type has is immunity to fatigue. There are plenty of undead-to-death effects, and I'm sure you could easily make a spell for positive energy drain or whatever you call it. The idea of positive levels exists, it's just that no one uses them.
It occurs to me that (greater) restoration could be used to inflict positive levels on undead.