Galarial continued to sit patiently, his body still relaxed and at ease. "Saying a thing repeatedly in increasing volume does not make it true. These things, however, are true.

First, I recognize the name of the missing Mayor, but I do not know the name you called me by.

Second, I do not know and have not previously met these others you call my companions.

Third, I have not committed murder, larceny, burglary or kidnapping as you originally accused me of.

Finally, I may not know what you say to one another, sir, but I do recognize you are using the tongue of the Dragon tyrants.

My questions to you are what proof do you have of any person's guilt here? And what power do you serve if you speak the tongue of agents of the Council of Six?"

He stared at the lead man, eyes fixed and steady. Sooner or later, the men would have to act, and when that happened, Galarial would be ready.

Spoiler
Show
Readying an action to kick the closest person next to me should they become overtly aggressive (i.e., attack us, drawn steel and close in, cast spells, etc.)