1. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: [3.5] Slightly-Homebrewed, Steampunk-y mercenary camp! (ECL 1 to 13)[WIP, PEACH]

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    Thank you again for your support, debby.
    Isn't a club a light weapon? Lightning club explicitly counts as a mwk club.
    Sorry for the earlier mistakes. I'll try sorting out the Lighting Lieutenant's attacks now.
    The lightning club is an exotic weapon not a light weapon.

TWF drops the penalty from -6/-10 to -4/-4. Improved TWF gives the off-hand a second attack at a -5 penalty.

I never realized the weapons were supposed to be masterwork.

I'll try this again and see if I get the numbers right. (Been channeling the Barbie TM "Math is hard" apparently. Back to the drawing-board it is.

Also, the modifier for Str 16 is +3 not +2. So I was correct, but for the wrong reason! Aiy!

One thing that would help is if the pictures were in the spoilers and the text was not. It's a royal pain to have to open the spoilers to read the text. Attack: BAB (6) + Str (3) + mwk (1) + weapon focus (1) = 11.

11-4=7 so the attacks for using 2 mwk lightning clubs are +7/+2.

Attack: Mwk lightning rod +11 melee (1d6+3 plus 1d6 electricity)
    Full Attack: 2 mwk lightning rods +7/+2 melee (1d6+3 plus 1d6 electricity)

Debby (whose brain has brain damage now)

P.S. does the squad leader have an inferior version of the lightning rod? The listed the damage there as 2 electricity instead of 1d6. Is that a masterwork weapon as well or just a standard one because it isn't noted.

P.P.S. Just noticed your info on the scorching gloves indicates that they "count as masterwork." Umm, shouldn't they just be masterwork weapons? There is nothing in the rules that allows for a weapon to count as masterwork without actually being masterwork. Also you should remove all references to burning hands since they are a mundane weapon. The scorching gloves cause 2d4 points of fire damage to every creature in a 60-foot cone once every four rounds. Do these ever run out of energy? If not, perhaps these should be magic items. If they do run out of energy how many times can these be used before they need to be charged? Then, how are they charged? Solar powered? You should also consider how much these cost. Since this is an extraordinary ability is there a save to avoid the damage? Should there be a Reflex save for no damage or half damage?
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2012-06-25 at 05:47 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread