View Single Post

Thread: Druid (Template)

1. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Druid (Template)

Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    Boots are fine, itís a small barrier unless the soles are made of rubber or something. If an artificial material separates them, such as Steel or plastics, it counts as two feet per half-inch.
    Oh I see. I had this idea to get around the problem by filling my shoes with dirt while I wear them. I think youíve cleared that up. Might want to specify some of what you told me so people know what counts as ground and what does not.

But at the same time, its like a relation between a costumer and the worker behind that deli counter. You love them for what they can provide for you, but you make them provide all the same in a transaction of money for the service of delicious chicken or egg rolls and what not.
    Love the analogy. :3 I think I have it now.
    @,..,@ Way too many for me to create a list of general personalities common to each elemental. So its up to the DM on a case by case basis up to their imagination.
    I completely understand thatÖitís just hard sometimes for players to know what they can/should do depending on an elemental without at least some more examples. Maybe listing a few ďclassesĒ of elementals? Like different in solids, gasses and liquids? And then a few examples of groupings, akin to the doom mountain one? So, saying ďan example of a lesser elemental would be (lists maybe 6) while greater elementals are beings that inhabit these kinds of things.Ē Basically, just asking for a few more examples, like how about stone, since itís usually a mixture of many things.

No. Charms are little tiny magical items attached to a pendant, necklace, bracelet, or something, that make Bindings easier in addition to allowing you to trap effects you could ask an Elemental to do (within reason) for general use, without the elemental present to perform it itself.
    Hmmm. So thereís charms that aid in a binding, and charms that store a binding within them. *Notices how long it takes for some of these to create* It can take 700 years to create something? Iím guessing it doesnít have to be done at once, as in cumulative? Does becoming a druid make you live longer? Or would several druids have worked on this charm? *saw Timelessness*

The beef I have with this is it would be hard to role-play something like this. It would either be back story (like becoming a druid would be) or between campaigns maybe. If more druids work on it than one can the length of time shorten? And are charms transferable to another druid?

Planeswalking
    I love this. Very nice.

Since when to tattoos subtract charisma? Lol.
    Iíve stepped in it now! I am by no means saying that tattoos are ugly (I have one myself) but I do recognize that they often are taboo for the general population. Even the not demonic looking ones. Additionally, Iíve seen classes where tattoos took away from charisma, or added to the character being more memorable to others. Minus to disguise at least. Even if covered, tattoos have a habit of peeking out at people. Especially if you have 6. It was just an attempt to decrease the ability increase, as currently 4 of the 6 are increased for a total of 14 ability increases. I wonder what class Iím talking aboutÖI canít remember off the top of my headÖI donít think itís the tattoo monk but maybe it is?
    The most would be a -2 circumstance penalty against people who hate people with tattoos, and their tattoos are uncovered. Or a +2 against people who find it attractive/intimidating.
    Ugh, I need to write my intimidation fix. That skill drives me crazy.
    I just realized something. I can be a druid squared! I put some druid in my druid so I can tangle you while I tangle you.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2012-07-02 at 01:13 PM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)