Thread: Total War: Broken City

1. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

Dr. Vassari & Black Fist Brotherhood [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Your organization has a rather nasty reputation for violence and troublemaking. If I accept, your protection, many may think we are allied and can chose to strike against you through us.'' Vassari looked at the window at the street outside, filled with a group of visitors, awaiting their turn. ''I am not the most trusting person and an offer of aid with no strings attached sounds a little too good to be true. Are do you claim to be the rare breed of people, who seek to do some good in this corrupt city?''

Gleamers

''Your business here’’ A dour looking pair of guards have stopped Morden from proceeding further down the streets. He looked fairly respectable and was surprised to be stopped by a pair of guards. Wasn’t their job to harass the poor and unfortunate, that sometimes made their way to the rich quarters, to rummage through garbage and scraps. Then again, the neighbourhood around him looked like it was run like a war camp. An influence of Wallen’s fabled discipline? They were focused, efficient and practical. The same qualities that made the more decadent nobility of the city consider them an undesirable social company.

The guards have been satisfied by his explanation. It appears his bandages have alerted them. The people in Frostcap were already used to them, so Vassari forgot about the effect his hidden face sometimes provoked.

Letter to Lord Wallen [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Bloodhaven would be quite prepared to treat your men, though I suspect you won’t be as kind to inform me in advance, when such treatments would be particularly necessary, so I may stock up on supplies. I must warn you, that whatever arrangement we should reach, I won’t refuse treatment to any patient, even if it were to be enemy of your eminence.''

''We would be very greatful to another wing to the hospital. Our capacity is relatively high, but it won’t take long for this chaotic times to produce such supply of those in need, that I imagine, that every room available would be priced in gold.''

Doctor Morden Vassari

A letter from the desk Alfred Wrelf to Aberham Pointiss [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I certainly didn’t imply you’d need to go to the public hospital, as the place is unfortunately situated in a rather disreputable location. It was a petty, but ultimately fortunate gesture, by my snivelling nephew Pierce Wrelf, to place me from my dying bed in my ancestral home into the hospital. The imbecile has expected the indignity of dying in common hospital to sap me of my will and hasten my demise, while spiting me, for my wish is to die in the same bed, where my dear wife Lenore has passed away. Fortunately, unlike the usual charlatans of Triphage, I got into the hands of a competent physician, who brought me from the brink of death.''

''He has assured me, that he would be available for personal visits, and has shown himself to be within acceptable in his choice of attire, although I find his choice of suits rather unassuming and lacking in finer details, that would give it character. I would complement his choice of cultivating mystique about his hidden face, a mystery that has attracted favourable attention of a number of quite comely nurses, that tended to me while I recovered. In my years of youth, I’d probably try hiding my face and pretending a hideous wound to woo the fine ladies, but alas those days are behind me now.''

Yours Sincerely,
    Lord Wrelf.

Letter from Doctor Vassari to Aberham Pointiss [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I would welcome your eminence at my hospital and I assure you, we have proper accomodations to treat the patients of your calibre. If you find your schedule limited, I can arrange for a personal visit.''

''While my arts may not be able to address your eyesight problem, though I can try to select the best lenses to correct it, I’ve got both remedies for the back pains and a new approach to treating them, that involve little, but specific movements of the body to stretch the muscles, that are usually the main culprit of such afflictions.''

Dr. Morden Vassari
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-07-16 at 01:20 PM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?