View Single Post

Thread: (3.5) Fixing magic weapons and armor.

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default (3.5) Fixing magic weapons and armor.

Looking at all the threads about the Christmas Tree Effect and how just +x bonuses are boring wastes of space, I've decided to do something about it. First all magical weapons, ammunition included, have special abilities. But magical items base their special abilities off of their enhancement bonus. For example, a +5 flaming burst returning warhammer under the old rules would have an effective weapon bonus of +10, +5 for the attack and damage bonus and +5 for all the special abilities. Under this system the +5 covers both the attack and damage as well as the special abilities. The same of course is true of magic armor. As a little bonus, ghost touch no longer exists as a seperate enhancement. Instead all magic weapons and armor are treated as ghost touch items. Now this only covers weapons and armor, I'll have to tackle other magical item later.
    Last edited by Agrippa; 2012-09-30 at 09:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    It's worse than the time some friends used a silver piece, a platinum piece, a delayed blast fireball and a scroll of passwall to make a nuclear explosion in a game...
    Quote Originally Posted by nagora View Post
    Chatter is usually a sign that it's time to break out the Lego pirates and start firing marbles at each other's ships instead of role playing. Some nights, we're just not in the mood!
    My fantasy/RPG blog A Voyage Into the Fantastic