Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
On deliberation, I can agree. If they want tankiness, they get armour and can Evolution for it.

Not sure about the manifesting, though. Possibly, I can lower it to seventh level. But making a limited list just seems... well, limiting. : /

Also your cho bit made me lol. xD
Gland I could get a laugh. On second thought, the manifesting isn't too bad for this class. As D_Lord mentioned above, no DM would let a player use this class if he knew that the guy would just spam 100 Zoanthropes with energy wall. If only responsible players would be allowed to play this class, then the player should also be trusted not to abuse the manifesting.

As a DM, I wouldn't worry too much about letting my responsible or knowledgeable players use this class. You could do as much damage with this class as a Dread Necromancer with 100 exploding skeleton rats or several Dread Warriors. Most of the obvious problems with this class are inherit problems with minionmancers and spellcasters. Now, there may be something else wrong with the class, but until I sit down and actually play it, I really can't see much else.

On a side note, why isn't there an evolution for exploding minions? Both the zerg and the tyranid had exploding units. I don't think a evolution for exploding would be too OP. In order to make a suicide squad, you would have to find several units with enough HD to get the evolution and wait a day after they fail their fort saves. A normal spellcaster could use a fell animate Kelgore's Grave Mist and get an army of exploding death rats in a turn.