Quote Originally Posted by Raiki View Post
Ummm...Taim? You realize that some of the changes you're making are a bit drastic, right?

For example, since you added /level to the end of the durations of each metal, a 20th level allomancer can now get far better combat bonuses than a 20th level raging barbarian...all day...every day...by using just 7 of their (conservative estimate) 45 burns per day. That's all it takes to be constantly burning Pewter at that level.

Add in the attack chain from coinshotting (which has 2 more attacks/round than a flurrying monk, and 3 more than a 20th lvl fighter), judicious use of Atium/Bendalloy, the fact that for 2 burns/day they can make a small village immune to scrying, and their broke-tastic new wish power...and this class is quickly spiraling out of control.

If you want my advice (which you're free to ignore, of course), drop the /level on the durations, delete or rework Ascension, and tone down flurry a little bit (maybe turn it into a 30' range whirlwind attack? That's not too bad for a high level power).

As another note: your new idea for giving out metals in chunks has merit. And you'd be giving out fewer options than a 1st level wizard with a high Int. Maybe fill some of the dead levels with new abilities? Coinshot skirmish/sneak attack maybe?
Hey Raiki,

Thanks for the check. I'll rework Ascension, and tone take out the /level.

As for the Coinshot Flurry is on Par with the Pathfinder Monk (in fact I used it's table). The Flurry of Blows got upgrade a bit in Pathfinder. Check it out.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk.

Maybe decrease the Improvised Weapon Damage?... But it's not much more than the Monk doing a max damage roll of 20, and Allomancer doing a max roll of 24 not that much of a difference. I'll have to think about it.

Absolutely want the advice, keep it coming!