1. - Top - End - #152
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: MitD VI: The Undiscovered Creature (Please Read the First Post)

Quote Originally Posted by CloakedDancer View Post
    I have to admit, while I am enjoying reading all of this discussion of wood and theoretical construction, I am very much puzzled as to why the focus has been so much on real world physics, based on real world history. D&D is set and flavored around a certain time frame in real world history, but it differs dramatically from that time frame because of magic. There is magic armor, magic weapons, and magic items that all operate differently than their real life counterparts would. I feel that assuming there is some kind of magic involved with presumably experienced hunters capturing a high level monster makes sense, and that they would have the resources to own a more expensive, potentially lightweight yet sturdy cage than novice hunters would makes sense as well.
    I have only sought to provide missing data for the discussion, specially for Grey Wolf as the curator. He included Strength enhancement bonus for calculations and the highest estimated total Strength score Redcloak could have without aid of enchanted items was 12. With this spell it could be up to 14, albeit duration of this spell is ten times shorter. But I thought 7 rounds would be enough to perform the actions in question, so I wrote that post.
    Last edited by miri; 2012-09-08 at 01:11 AM. Reason: typo