1. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: The Playground: Variations, Versions, and Future Work

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Hmm. Actually, why not move away from the Chapter designation entirely? Without a dedicated GM handling transitions, declaring certain adventures/plotlines to be 'chapter ending' seems a bit biased -- and the slow turn-over and drag on these was rather problematic, as well.

Real-time advancements as well as rewards for running/completing Adventures seems the best way to go.

If we move it up to every two weeks instead of a month, we may want to consider actually checking up on posting rate. If a person didn't post at least twice a week (which, by all accounts, isn't asking that much), they don't get their next timed advantage, for example.

While negative reinforcement is probably not that great in general, it would make the time advancement advantages more of a reward for activity rather than just ... being there.
    I am in agreement with this. Also I was thinking that if we are to still use Adventures, perhaps they can have more opportunities to focus on characters interacting with each other instead of interacting with the story? I know that story is important in an adventure but I think a large part of what can keep an adventure going is the respective characters being able to talk with each other and flesh out their personalities. I like to look at the adventure VonDoom ran back in Playground 3 as an example. It got my character interested in Ikokuan culture while getting to meet Tebryn's and Bladescape's characters.

Also I liked the idea of gaining an Advantage at the end of an adventure based on what happened in the adventure itself. I look again to VonDoom's adventure that he ran before. (this is essentially his idea that I thought might be good to see more of) Perhaps though that there could be more freedom in what the players decide so long as they can come up with a good, reasonable explanation why his or her character got that advantage.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-09-22 at 07:28 PM.