1. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: [PF] Oradin Mini-Guide. Or, How to be a Healbot, minus the 'bot'

another downside to shield other is the short range tether you must operate on, 25ft + 5ft/2 levels, or the spell ends. it's very easy for inexperienced players to break that link.

shield other is still a decent option, and stronger in a few ways, as you mentioned, and also has a +1ac and saves bonus built in. it's definitely an option I would use when it comes on line for any oradin I would run, if we have any wizard or low hp aggressive striker.

edit.

... downside to life link is that it doesn't scale, fast healing 5 is huge for a while, but then rapidly becomes increasingly insignificant around level 9+.. I think they should have built in a boon for the pure oracles and made it fast healing 1/lvl.

but as is, life link is perfect for dipping.

shield other scales perfectly with monster damage output, on the other hand. I think it's going to be key that an oradin employs shield other in the upper levels. perhaps magical lineage (shield other) for a trait so you can extend them? and a lvl 4 oracle dip can get 8 hours on a cast?
    Last edited by Blyte; 2012-09-30 at 01:00 PM.