Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
Oh, remembered what I was going to ask - Dragons. Why no Brass and Bronze? And what the heck is "orium"? Also do you have specific stats for the Gray Dragon or did you just make it up?
Orium, I believe is a reference to Oricalchum, and the Orium dragons I believe first came from the 4e Metallic Dragon Draconomicon. Grey Dragons are actually renamed fang dragons from the 4e Chromatic Draconomicon, renamed the same way 4e turned Deep Dragons into Purple Dragons and Sand Dragons into Brown Dragons. I supposed Brass Dragons would come from 2e style Yellow Dragons. And I did include Bronze as being the Metallic form of the Blue Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
Also, if the Minotaurs are Rome-inspired, are you saying they're basically the DragonLance version? Because they were pretty hard-core Roman in that setting.

And I agree that this deserves a more totally awesome name.
I've never actually read Dragonlance. I was just thinking the 4e-style minotaurs could make a good villain race by making the logical connection between their culture and the ugliest parts of Rome in decline (The terrible leadership, the racism and sexism, the disregard for human life, the erosion of any semblance of democracy, ect.).

And I do see where you're coming from on the name, but I can't quite think of a good one. And I might as well do a profile one one of the races here. Howabout...

Changelings: Changelings are essentially 4chan anons IRL, which is helped by their natural shapeshifting abilities. They mostly use it to mooch off other race while at the same time using it to trick/mock people they don't like.

They can identify each other by smell, and like to communicate their intentions to one-another via grafitti drawn with Eternal chalk that's sort of like a combination of an imageboard and that grafitti from Pompeii. This leads to the spreading of certain symbols (Or "memes" as Marie Mardot would call them) from wall to wall by busy Changeling hands, even in places they should not logically be able to appear like the bottom of the Midnight Sea or on the coor of the Hobgoblin Diktator.

They do have analogues to our real-world memes, though some of them have been combined with Thri-Keen hobo signs (which heavily resemble the alphabet of the Bright Race), including their equivalent to the Trollface "The Visage of Mockery"

Their groups are surprisingly large; but usually temporary and for creating some greater act of mischief. This is usually done either for some personal gain, to avenge some wrong done to them or somebody they like or just because they find it funny.

There is a small semi-permanent group of them called the Teejiis (Pronounce it phonetically, you'll get it) who are known for their extreme creativity, especially for being able to take the dumbest idea somebody gives them and make it amazing, all the while taking no credit for the scripts they leave behind while wandering Dungeonworld as a theatre troupe under various assumed names.

There's a concept amongst changelings about "outer identity" or the false form you ware in society to better make your way within it and fool the people for your own gain and "inner identity" which is the "real" you.

This is why the Changelings despise Monstromancers, because they see them and their outer, "ugly" (at least in their eyes) expression of their "inner identity" (Which they view as but a delusion) as a perversion of this core principle, and thus they shun any member of their race who takes up that class (Despite the fact that stats-wise, they'd be very good at it). If anybody gets the analogy, they get a cookie. And no, I'm not a member of that subculture.

They're also incredibly perverted, as befits any race with Shapeshifting abilities. I won't go into much detail due to a desire to avoid angry readers/closing of topics,but let's just say for a start that most Changeling women tend to give themselves a little something "extra", and this is at their tamest. Anybody who can guess which board this is referencing also gets a cookie.

So, which races do you want to hear about next? I think I'm going to do a few significant NPCs next time, but it could change depending on popular request.