View Single Post

Thread: Concentric circles: Necrothieism [PEACH]

1. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Concentric circles: Necrothieism

Quote Originally Posted by Blightedmarsh View Post
    A few fluff adjustments to make it fit better but yes it would synergize quite nicely. I like the purpose mechanic, that looks good. It reminds me a little of a cyborg undead Valkyrie concept I was playing around with.

1) Your don't so much absorb your amour as summon it from somewhere else.
    2) Its not so much your amour as armor that you have custodianship of and have attuned to. Its likely very much older than you and persists after your death.
    3) The capstone ability allows you to become the awakened amour/construct if you die whilst wearing it.
    Aye, sounds all good to me. I like number 3 especially!

The alternative take on the concept is that it would be a suit of amour and not a in of itself class. The difference is that it absorbs a lot of the XP you gain whilst wearing it (simulating it siphoning off part of the growth of your soul), leveling up almost like some sort of warforged cohort or companion.
    In fairness, that's gonna manifest as fluff more than anything, but I see where you're coming from. I toyed with a sort of 'machine mind' set of options for it, might do that yet...unsure as to whether it slots into the concept as presented though...

Could do with a pure melee weapon version to complement it, where the purpose is similar to a favored enemy (destroy rather than protect).
    Now THAT is an interesting idea...more to the point, it's a full ACF. I may well have to get to work on that!

"...Worker? You might say that ...me; I believe that everyone who has been through hear, for whom this place embodies their hopes and dreams leave a little bit of themselves behind. Their spirits are in the wall, the floors, in the very stones. It is a temple; not to your false gods but a temple to the very soul of the people. Whilst this place stands we will never truly die, and it will stand while there is breath in my body. It is my honor and privilege to tend to this place and you should think very long and hard before disrespecting it ...foreigner."
    Nice quote, mind if I edit/pinch that for the class...?

With regards to the FAQ section in your post...

If I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly, then the idea of necromancy and undead is only considered evil because of the associations created by the various religions of the world, and the assumption of an alignment restriction on a primal energy (which has always seemed completely off-piste to me too!). Therefore, in a culture which disdains gods and dogmatic principle, using scientific understanding and the 'soul' of their people as their divine guidance instead, the proliferation of undead people throughout society would be more akin to elders and priests than any sort of unholy creature. They're quite the opposite, and I like this.

You may wanna check this out, it's possibly a wee bit overpowered, but would be a MASSIVE boon to a world like this one.

Your 'Strange Thought' isn't so strange at all, it makes perfect sense actually. You may want to look at the Kalashtar in RoE, they have a racial awareness (almost like a psionic substrate) which may be a good source of inspiration for this 'Gestalt Socio-Entity'.

As far as Utopia/Dystopia, reality is in the eyes of my Beholder
    Perspective is everything.
    Last edited by Veklim; 2012-10-10 at 04:00 PM.
    All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by.

My homebrews Moloques! Sagacious Defender of the Forge, The Open Palm, Sacred Scourge, The Bastion
    Co-Developer of the Mutant Powers Project:
    World Warper
    Telekineticist and ACFs, Feats, Shadow Hand PrC