Thanks for the link, Garryl, I'll think about including some of those.

As for eldritch blast, I really don't think that fits the hexblade, so I'm not gonna make it an official part of the class. That said, mine is not the only opinion, so for the record, I think it would be fair to let the hexblade take it as a least invocation, or perhaps gain it instead of his Dark Companion. Probably the second is the better option, but either would work.

And then invocations... For now, I pushed lesser invocations back two levels - now he gets 3/3/4, which is more balanced, and he gets lesser invocations later, which does fit better.

For dark invocations, I think you might be overestimating an invocation-less warlock just a little bit, but that logic does hold. I guess giving him one or two dark invocations a little later in the game wouldn't be uncalled for, and it would let me come up with a couple really vicious curse invocations.

Give me a little time to consider how to best implement it, but feel free to give me your opinions/ideas on how it should be done, in the meantime.