Quote Originally Posted by davethebrave View Post
R. 838: Hobgnoblin Priest Caste

I'd like to request an LA 0 Gnome/Hobgoblin half-breed race.

Basic outline of flavour: they are hardy of both mind and will but perhaps also weak of strength and intellect, sort of like a domineering and resilient (but hopelessly behind the times) priest caste kind of feel. Confident and arrogant, and medium-size rather than small-size. Maybe replace the gnome spell-like with something that fits that feel? Not really sure what would scale appropriately with the gnome ability, even at 1/day. Or maybe even replace the spell-like with an appropriate feat or some such, not sure where I'd go with it and don't have time to whip it up, so I trust the discretion of the homebrewer! :D
C 838
That is the grossest race combo I have ever thought of. Also, your description of an unintelligent race with strong will doesn't seem to fit a gnome/hob half-breed, since gnomes are encouraged to be wizards and hobs are given Int as their highest mental stat.

The way you describe it, I feel like I want to give this race constitution, charisma, and take away Strength and Intelligence. Should I just write that up and label it 'hobgnoblin'?

I was considering some dabbling in illusions for the flavorful ability, but I'd like to custom-fit this some more, so what kind of priests are these and what sort of racial presence are you planning for these dudes?