Quote Originally Posted by Basooned View Post
The tower scene has always boggled me the most. This is just what I saw:

- If the MitD was strong enough to launch Miko and her horse a massive distance, then the strength of a physical blow that strong would have simply instantly crushed or plain decapitated them.

- Yet they must have been launched through the wall at incredible speeds, or else much of the wall would have been also destroyed.

- They both landed without apparent injury. The actual scene of the strike is not seen.

- They both land vertically, indicating that they must have been launched to an extremely high altitude. Enough so that gravity and a strong breeze could change their direction to terminal ascent.

Conclusion: MitD is a caster based creature so strong that it can replicate high STR abilities. MitD must have generously shielded them both before launching them through the wall. Or maybe he shielded them, launched them through the wall and then teleported them down on their heads.
I think you may be over-analyzing this particular scene. Obviously, the MitD is ridiculously strong, and Miko and Windstriker did take a fairly hefty amount of damage (judging by the consumption of healing potions in the next strip), but the holes in the wall and the vertical drop strike me personally as pretty clear examples of "Rule of Funny".