Duck & Cover

Howdy y'all,

I'm running a (semi-)realistic nuclear post-apocalyptic RPG, using a custom system called d100 Modern Tactical Gaming System. The system is derived from the Dark Heresy system, except with the class system and universe totally axed, all stats, skills, and traits overhauled and rebalanced, and a tactical fighting system added on with realistic guns and such. Combat is rules-heavy, but outside of combat it can be very freeform. Game is run on Roll20.net, charsheets and rules stored on GDocs.

The time is present day-ish. It's a lazy day in June. You're in Springfield IL, either living there or passing through, when the bombs fall. The mushroom clouds from Chicago and St. Louis are visible on the horizon, and what you can get on the TV through the static makes it clear that the US is under attack. You see sparks of light rising from missile silos to the west. The rule of law in Springfield is falling apart. You and a small group of others band together to fend off looters. Where you go from there, that's up to you.

I'm currently running this campaign with a couple of others, but due to stuff happening in peoples' lives we're going to have a break of a couple weeks. I'd like to start up a second party in this world, and unite them with the first group at some point in the future. We've got a good world here, and a good system. If you're interested in post-apocalyptic role playing, I'd be glad to have you aboard. :)

Email me at: mikeandrewp [at] gmail [dot] com