Quote Originally Posted by Mapleson View Post
Having read this thread, I tried to come up with some non-ball based sport(s). What I thought of was a magical maze.

1. Two teams (or individuals) enter at opposite sides of the maze.
2. Each crossroads is 'naturally' a 4-way junction (the way you came plus three new options).
3. The path to the centre of the maze is optimally 4 segments long.
4. First team/individual to the centre wins!

Now here's where the magic comes in:

5. When you choose a new segment to continue down, half the unexplored choices move to your next crossroads and half shift to your opponent. This means at any particular point, you might have no winning options while your opponent has two. Also, if you choose the wrong way at the last junction, you might give your opponent a shorter route to victory.
Wouldn't that entirely be based on luck though?

I've thought up a game I like to call by the simple name of "mageball". Basically, it's kind of like football/soccer, except you may not touch the ball (touching it results in nonlethal damage). Spells can be used to move the ball. Spells may not be cast directly on other players unless their area includes the ball as well. All spells are modified to deal nonlethal damage. Anything that grants immunity to nonlethal damage is banned. The game ends once all the players on one team are knocked out or a certain amount of points is reached.