AegisDon't Complain about the name Debihuman
Aegis were a creation by the the gnomes using Koumarn technology during the Second Era. Originally we had no minds and were simple soldiers. The Aegis & Gnomish soldiers struck first at the kobolds of the Dragon Isles. Most kobolds were wiped out during the raids and sieges, or taken as slaves. One slave noticed that the Koumarn were so powerful that they didn't need Aegis, but they had started to rely on them. So he and another slave who happened to be a powerful binder summoned a powerful outsider. Some say it was a Infernal Duke others, a Celestial Angel. The two then gave their souls to the outsider, in return the outsider gave them a staff. Which upon contact with an Aegis it would grant it sentience. The Aegis were wracked with guilt over the thousands that they had slaughtered. They immediately rebelled and turned on the Gnomes & Koumarn and set the Kobolds free.
Aegis spend the majority of their days contemplating their existence and trying to think of a potential future for the Aegis. Aegis were infused with small shreds of the Astral Sea, not unlike the way a Binder infuses the soul to a golem, this gives them thought capabilities on par with most humanoids. But despite their similar mental capabilities, there is a large social gap between Aegis and "organic" species. Aegis are incredibly analytical and pragmatic, often opting for the option with the least difficulty for all involved, but they generally don't understand many emotions and have no physical desires. Though constructs, there are exceptionally altruistic, and no longer malicious, individuals. Since their creation and subsequent rebellion, the Aegis have strived to assume control over their own lives and fates.
Aegis are large humanoids, typically 6'10". Their crystalline composition give them considerable weight and a slow, stomping gait. Aegis often sport intricate etchings and arcane runes from their former lives as enslaved war machines. An Aegis is made of Bright Crystal, a positively-charged crystal that gives the Aegis such living qualities. An Aegis face is a large shard of crystal with blank yellow eyes. Aegis lack any form of circulatory system but have a simple nervous system, enough to be aware of pain and damage done to them.
Most races recede at the sight of an Aegis, this is because they were originally used as weapons of war. Hatred runs deep for most races due to the deaths of loved ones at the hands of them. To more forgiving races, the enigmatic Dunesti and the short-lived, forgetful Karmainian's, the Aegis present a unique trade partner and possible ally. Dwarves respect the craftsmanship of the stone and applaud their combat prowess, though Dwarves are still wary of Aegis, they count them as friends. The have a strong relationship with Kobolds, as they were all given sentience because of kobold sacrifice. All Aegis have a deep seated hatred for Gnomes and Koumarn, there previous enslavers. They will never willing work with a Koumarn, but they have been known to trust gnomes after a few years of contact.
Almost all Aegis follow some form of Neutrality. All alignments are present in the race, however. The most common would be Neutral/Good, because of the Aegis' drive to remove their title of 'war machine'.
An evil Aegis is a peculiar sight, the Crystal rejects the mind and turns a dark red or an empty black, depending on how destructive the soul is (this is merely aesthetic and has no effect on healing or other effects). This colouration remains for the Aegis's whole existence, even if the Aegis changes its alignment its crystal will remained stained.
The Aegis have no lands to speak of, though they can live virtually anywhere. Aegis are more likely to associate with whatever race accepts them than most of their own kind. Aegis 'families', that is, groups that decided to travel together, may sometimes set up camps on the outskirts of villages. Though they may not be liked, the defence offered by sentinel constructs has its appeal.
Surprisingly, Aegis are highly religious, often wondering of the gods opinions on the Aegis, and whether or not they have a proper afterlife. They typically worship the local deities of the population in an attempt at assimilation. Aegis almost never worship any deity of war, believing it would brand them a tool of war.
Aegis were taught "Koumay" by their enslavers. Their analytical minds allow them to learn or comprehend almost any language fairly easily. But they have no language of their own.
Most Aegis were given titles like Warrior-2 or Destroyer-99 by the Gnomes who created them. They thought they lacked flavour or appeal and now pick names found in books or from stories.
Typical Names include: Firebrand, Heart-Seeker, Aegis Fang, Twinkle. For some reason or another, they seem to prefer the names of the weapons as opposed to the characters.
- Humanoid (Forged Soul)
- Medium: Medium races have no bonuses or penalties due to their size. A Medium creature has a space of 5 feet by 5 feet and a reach of 5 feet.
- Aegis base land speed is 20 ft. An Aegisís speed is never reduced by armor or encumbrance.
- +2 Con, +2 Int, -4 Wis: Aegis are durable, and have tactical mind, but they are new to the world and as such they generally lack "common sense".
- Constructed Immunities: Being artificial in make, the body of an Aegis has many defenses. Aegis are are immune to paralysis, phantasms, and poison. Also as Aegis do not breathe, eat, or sleep, unless they want to gain some beneficial effect from one of these activities. This means that an Aegis can drink potions to benefit from their effects and can sleep in order to regain spells, but neither of these activities is required for the construct to survive or stay in good health.
- Constructed Resistance: Being artificial in make, the body of an Aegis has many defenses. They gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease, mind-affecting effects, spells, spell-like abilities, and effects that cause either exhaustion or fatigue. Also, Aegis cannot be raised or resurrected.
- Crystalline Form: An Aegis is Vulnerable to Sonic damage.
- Dense Crystal: An Aegis suffers a -4 penalty to Stealth and Swim checks.
- Natural Weapons: Aegis have a primary slam attack that deals 1d6 points of slashing damage plus 1-1/2 Strength bonus. Aegis are physically strong and their arms are razor sharp.
- Natural Armour: Aegis gain a +1 natural armor bonus to their Armor Class
- Powerful Build: The physical stature of Aegis lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever an Aegis is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as Hide), the Aegis is treated as one size large if doing so is advantageous to the character. An Aegis is also considered to be one size larger when "squeezing" through a restrictive space. An Aegis can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, the space and reach of an Aegis remain those of a creature of their actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.
- Language: Aegis begin play speaking the Koumay language. Aegis with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Draconic, Karmainian, Kratoan, Traderís Tongue.
Favoured Class Options
Instead of receiving an additional skill rank or hit point whenever he gains a level in a favored class, an Aegis has the option of choosing from a number of other bonuses, depending upon his favored class. The following options are available to all Aegis who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the listed favored class reward.
Barbarian: Every four times this is taken your penalty to armour class while charging and raging is reduced by one (minimum 0). If taken a fifth time you gain a +1 bonus to natural armour whie charging or raging.
Contractor: Every time this is taken, you gain an additional technique point.
Fighter: Every five times this is taken, your armour class increases by +1.
Focused Juggernaut (Barbarian)
All of the following are class features of the Focused Juggernaut.
Crystal Embrace (Ex): A Focused Juggernaut possesses a form a pure crystal, and through attuning with it he can master other crystals. A Focused Juggernaut of 2nd level may walk across Crystalline surfaces (including ice), as if they were normal ground and can move across them without difficulty. This ability allows the juggernaut to move vertically along crystalline surfaces.
In addition, you gain a +5 bonus to base land speed while moving across crystalline surfaces per two levels of Focused Juggernaut he possesses. This replaces the Embrace Wind ability.
Diamond Blade (Ex): When a Focused Juggernaut of 3rd level or above is raging, he may reshape his limbs into weaponry. As a swift action he may select a single non-magical weapon he is proficient with, and gain it as a natural weapon until the raging ends or dismissed (free action). If the selected weapon utilises ammunition, then non-magical ammunition is produced from your body, though you can use any magically ammunition you possess instead.
This replaces the Feral Gift ability.
Earthen Passage (Ex): A Focused Juggernaut of 9th level can glide through crystal as easily as a fish swims through water. Its burrowing leaves behind no tunnel or hole, nor does it create any ripple or other signs of its presence.
In addition to these effects he can also use Dexterity based skills while raging. Earthen Passage replaces the Embrace the River ability.
Burning Light (Ps): While a Focused Juggernaut of 13th level is in an area of bright illumination, he can expend a standard action to make a ranged touch attack. If this touch attack hits the target is dealt 1d12 points of fire damage per Focused Juggernaut level.
If the Focused Juggernaut is raging while using this ability, the damage is untyped and bypasses energy resistance and immunity. This ability can be used while Raging despite being a mental activity. Burning Light replaces the Embrace Ash ability.
Imbued Blade (Ps): When a Focused Juggernaut of 14th level uses his Diamond Blade ability, the weapon generated gains a number of enhancement bonuses equal to his Focused Juggernaut level divided by four. As a full-round action the Focused Juggernaut could redirect any number of these enhancement bonuses into special abilities (such as flaming) of equal value.
In addition to these effects he can also use Intelligence based skills while raging.
Side-Bar: Forged Soul Subtype
The Forged Soul Subtype acts as the Dragonblooded Subtype except for Constructs. Though it doesn't allow for a Forged Soul to be subject to the Awaken Construct spell.