View Single Post

Thread: Solar Avatar (Superman 3.5)

1. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Solar Avatar (Superman 3.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    I'd take UMD/UPD off the class list-- why on earth (or Krypton) is it there?

Much of kryptonian science is based off a slightly psionic principles, such as telepathic crystals and other non-magical... well magic.

I'd put heat vision and arctic breath on breath weapon-style cooldowns, rather than x/day. It does a better job of preventing high-damage ability spamming without making players horde uses.

its possible, 1d3+1 rounds? 1d4+1?

Keen Hearing could be rewritten to apply to search and spot as well as listen (general super-senses).

nope, he never had super sight, beyond the xray and heat (if i remember correctly)

X-ray vision is enough of a plot-hurting ability that it should probably go later in the class.

Screw the plot, im superman

The strength bonus could stand to be much higher-- possibly/probably at the expense of some of the unarmed damage growth.

Meh. ill think on it. any suggestions on what the damage should be? for what trade in strength?

Solar rejuvenation could be pushed back a bit. Conversely, solar powered could be brought forwards, given how rarely games care about that sort of thing.

depends on your preference as dm/players. ive played games where this is at the forefront of your mind.

I'd like to see flight show up earlier (somewhere in the 6-12 range)-- warlocks and dragonfire adepts get it at 6, after all, and it's a pretty distinctive part of the class.

Smallville finished almost 10 seasons without flight... he had like every power but the "make up powers" power he had in the later comics.

Still, generally not bad at all.
    thanks, ive given it a lot of thought.
    Last edited by LordErebus12; 2013-02-15 at 05:14 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Belladonis Campaign Setting 3.5
    Casting as a Skill

Learn from your mistakes, 3.5...
    Fill in those dead levels...

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome to the World Serpent Inn!
    Spoiler
    Show