some interesting ideas...
Quote Originally Posted by Rhynn View Post
The White Worm ?

"From spaces beyond the limits of the north he hath come in his floating citadel, the ice-mountain Yikilth, to voyage the mundane oceans and to blast with a chill spendour the puny peoples of humankind."
I'll give it a more thorough reading, but from the brief look i've got, it seems something quite sinister and epic in scope. I'm looking more for things that can be resolved fairly on the spot. This one might open a whole new adventure or campaign.

hmmmm, I might incorporate it in the major game nonetheless?

Quote Originally Posted by AlanBruce View Post
Here are some ideas, not very well built, but a general concept that could be fleshed out.

The Island Hungers
Spoiler
Show

The Party finds a young woman floating on a piece of wood and brings her aboard. She appears unconscious and is wearing tribal garments which, after a relevant local or religion check, turns out to be of sacrificial nature. The woman is treated from her illness by the party's healer and she reveals that she escaped an island not too far from their location. An island sealed off by the Empire itself. The details of the ban on the island are blurry at best, having been taken off the charts decades ago.

Upon arrival, have the party meet some of the locals, who will try by all means to sacrifice the girl. The inhabitants believe greatly in the Island- referring to it as their very own Sea Mother. They do, however, stress that it must be fed every X amount of years, lest she decides to leave them- which would result in death for all.

The problem- the Island is actually a Fastitocatlon. The creature was a project launched at beginning of the last century by a cabal of imperial wizards who wished to create the ultimate sea weapon. The project backfired, since the beast could not be domesticated, and the research team that helped the wizards was abandoned on the beast to cover their mess up, believing the creature would submerge and kill them. The creature bonded with the initial crew team, who began their own customs in the island and generations later, came to revere the turtle as a goddess of sorts. Given its very low metabolism, the island sleeps. However, when it awakens, every so many years, it is hungry, and it has learned to take food from the inhabitants on its back. Failure to feed the beast would have it go on a rampage across the known ocean. This, of course, could prove to be very good for the PCs if they wish to expose the Empire's dirty little secret.
An interesting idea. The creature detailed in the wiki is quite underwhelming though, and seems a bit poorly constructed, but I get the main jist of the idea. I'm not sure the Empire will create such a creature (not quite fitting with their methods) but it just might be perfect for something the islanders have created to try and fight the Empire.

Intriguing... intriguing indeed!

The Terrors of Tearra Rehm

Spoiler
Show
A darfellan Shaman secreted himself in this tower long ago, yearning to channel the power of the Plane of Water to give his people an edge in a log lost war. The truth is that the Tearra Rehm, an old lighthouse from the Golden Days of the Empire is now inhabited by all manner of vile creatures called forth by an entity the crazed darfellan believes to be a god from the Plane of water. Actually, the power that calls all these creatures to the rocky islet is a most malicious Caller from the Deeps, who has corrupted the shaman and wishes to be released from the tower which acts as its prison.
Interesting idea. I find the Caller from the Deeps a bit simplistic, but maybe that could be arranged. though a battle with it and the shaman might prove very quite challenging. My prty is level 4 right now, so this will probably have to wait a bit.

How to get the party interested in this however? needs a bit of work.

Quote Originally Posted by avr View Post
Daddy!

The party meets a stranger who wants to get to know his/her father. Who is apparently one of the PCs.

Of course, that's just on the surface. Actually the stranger just wants to stay on board long enough to let the Empire know (via animal messenger, whispering wind spell, or otherwise) exactly where the PCs are and where they're going and then to get off the ship before they meet the Empire's ambush. Not getting his/her disguise penetrated is also a priority. Unless the players have some utterly mouthwatering loot which the stranger thinks it might just be possible to get away with ...
This is an AWESOME idea! especially since one of the PCs is a sort of dashing charming ladies man who has a woman art every port and such. it would be great to spring this on him! however, I intend this to be his real child, who out of spite might work for the Empire, or whatever.

The Dragon's Princess

This depends on the ship actually having a figurehead; seems likely but not certain.

While anchored somewhere a sea serpent or similar shows up and starts making mournful noises near the front of the ship. If communicated with it will say that the figurehead looks just like a druid/shaman/whatever who was once its friend and it really wants the figurehead. Taking it off the ship is not good for the integrity of the ship, but saying so undiplomatically will land the party with a fight.
cool idea, I like it! Just need to make sure the ship as an interesting figurehead, one that the party might be attached too. (possibly magical?) thanks!

keep 'em coming!