View Single Post

Thread: A City of Intrigue & A Tale of Woe

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default A City of Intrigue & A Tale of Woe

The cold autumn sun glares down from the sky, but the wind's chill speaks only of the dark months to come. A group of ravens cease their circling amid the updrafts of the city's canyons, descending upon the remains of some street food leftover from this morning's market. The streets are less crowded, with residents having gone about their business, and many of the stalls of the market have closed up.

Merstangoth, like a vast, steel anthill, towers above its residents and visitors, it's many districts reaching skyward. The consistent din of street level continues up for some ways, but the sounds below are gradually lost in the vertical space between the buildings of the city. The impression created is one of contrasts: the living, pulsing mass of life of the lower levels, and the cold silence that takes hold at higher elevations, the buildings like motionless giants gazing down at the chaos below. The bustling, noisy lives of those that struggle to survive in the streets and low elevations, and the quiet serenity of those who dwell above in halls of glass, stone, and steel.

Of course, such poetic language is a crude generalization; the thing known as Merstangoth defies definition, spans years immemorial, and is peopled by countless creatures. The reality itself blends with the legend, a legend whose true extent few comprehend. The legend blends with the reality, a reality clung to viciously by the indigent masses, a reality carefully crafted by those of power and influence. Truth and illusion. The present and the past. So much of so many, piled through the years like the very structures of the city, a mountain made by mortal hands.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hello,
    This is the In-Character thread for my small campaign focused on gritty role playing in a dark urban setting. I will be posting here over the next couple of days as I develop material.

This thread is for IC discussions. All OOC stuff should go in the other thread, the OOC Thread, or, in a pinch...
    Spoiler
    Show
    in spoilers. Generally speaking, anything having to do with mechanics, rules, or rolls goes in spoilers as well. Character speech out in the open, and you may also post character thoughts, if you wish. More talk of etiquette on the other thread.
    Last edited by Phelix-Mu; 2013-07-16 at 09:38 PM.
    In my dreams, I am currently a druid 20/wizard 10/arcane hierophant 10/warshaper 5. Actually, after giving birth to a galaxy by splitting a black hole, level is no longer relevant.

Extended Sigbox

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    I've never been able to put my finger on how to describe you Phelix, but I think I have an idea now.

You're Tippy's fluffy cousin...