View Single Post

Thread: Team Solars (Archiving)

1. - Top - End - #8
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Team Solars (Archiving)

Quote Originally Posted by Melcar View Post
    I have a question...

Isn’t +21 natural and +9 enchantment bonus to natural the same? I’m guessing natural armor is natural armor, whether or not its luck, enchantment or circumstance... as long as its natural armor it doesn’t stack!
    Nope. Think of it like the bonus you'd get from +5 full plate - the full plate itself gives +8 armor, and the +5 enhancement bonus on it improves that by 5. Here, the +21 is the base amount, corresponding to full plate's +8, and the +9 is the magical improvement to that.

Also the Monks Belt doent work as you think.... I think!

Giving a monk AC like he was 5 levels higher would make him level 23 monk... that would give him a max of +5 AC not 15... A level 20 monk gets +4 AC. Per 3.5 that is! Or is there something else I'm not seeing... possibly I would reduce his armor 23 compared to the 121, so 98 would for me be the correct number! At least how I calculate it.
    You're forgetting that Monk AC bonus includes your wisdom ability bonus. Vesran's wisdom is 38, which gives a +14 bonus. Add +1 for the level 5 level-based component, and you get +15.

And how do you get immune to critical hits? The fortification armor enchantment or some other ability?
    Open the "The bonuses and what buffs they come from" spoiler. Critical hits are listed in the "Immunities/resistances" section, with the spells Elemental Body, Heart of Air/Water/Earth/Fire, and Stone Body noted. Elemental Body and Stone Body each individually give crit immunity, and the combination of all four Heart of X spells also gives crit immunity.
    Last edited by Douglas; 2013-07-05 at 02:35 PM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)