Quote Originally Posted by Yitzi View Post
Question: How is he going to deal with a caster who has enough archery-boosting buffs up that even the ones he hasn't prepared countermeasures for are sufficient to let the caster kill the Mageslayer in a single round?
I think that if the caster has had to tailor his build/spell selection to combat the mageslayer, the mageslayer has already accomplished his goal. You will never build a class that can deal with a spellcaster who has decided that his life goal is to ruin your day.

With that said, I could see an argument that it's too easy for the caster to deal with the mageslayer's ranged attacks. One idea would be that (at sufficiently high level; probably not when the mageslayer first gets the ability to put the negation abilities on ranged attacks) the mageslayer could make negation "combos": the first part of the combo to negate a defense (such as wind wall) and the second part of the combo to negate the flight itself. That would mean, in theory, that the spellcaster would have to put serious effort into it to become invincible. I think this is only feasible if the mageslayer can spell categories instead of individual spells, but it should work.