View Single Post

Thread: Percy Jackson [3.P subsystem]

1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Percy Jackson [3.P subsystem]

Percy Jackson System

So, my friend’s running a Percy Jackson themed campaign., using 3.5 rules as the basis for it. Unfortunately, he doesn’t know 3.5 that well, so for a while, instead of class abilities we just had the chassis of a class and a semi-appropriate set of spell-like abilities of all different levels. So, I volunteered my services to make a set of classes for the game. In the end, I made classes for four of the five players (the fifth made his own). Now, with a little urging from friends, I’ve decided to post them up for you guys.

This thread is mostly just a place to link to all the separate classes, so you only need to bookmark the one thread. I’ll also use it to post some notes about the overall system, too.

Classes
    Child of Athena
    Child of Aphrodite
    Child of Apollo
    Child of Ares
    Child of Heracles

Equipment
    The weapons and armor listed here are the most common and traditional sorts of weapons and armors that demigods get trained with. These are all easily available in celestial bronze or imperial gold. It is possible to get other weapons and armor, but they usually must be forged specially.

Weapons
    Dagger
    Cestus (gauntlet, regular or spiked)
    Club
    Shortspear
    Longspear
    Spear
    Sling
    Shortsword
    Longsword
    Scimitar
    Trident
    Longbow
    Shortbow

Armor
    Leather
    Chain shirt
    Scale Mail
    Breastplate
    Buckler
    Light Shield
    Heavy Shield
    Tower Shield

Magic Items
    In this world, magic items are both uncommon and powerful. A single magical item can change the course of an entire adventure. As such, most characters have one permanent magical item, often a weapon or piece of armor, and other items may be provided by the DM on a temporary basis.

Monsters:
    The following is a list of monsters that are appropriate for a percy jackson setting. The first section is a list of published monsters that work, the second section is monster that I have created.

Official
    Aranea
    Baccae
    Catyarid Column
    Centaur
    Cerberi
    Cerberus
    Chimera
    Cyclops
    Dryad
    Faun
    Griffin
    Harpy
    Hippocampus
    Hippogriff
    Hydra
    Kraken
    Laystrigonian (Ogres w/ rock hurling feat(s))
    Manticore
    Medusa
    Minotaur
    Nereid
    Nymph
    Pegasus
    Phoenix
    Satyr
    Scylla
    Sea Serpent
    Siren
    Sphinx
    Unicorn

Homebrewed
    (under construction)
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2013-08-23 at 06:06 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show