1. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

smile Re: Experiences in a post apocalyptic FATE core campaign- A GM's log

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Huh, really? I guess that makes some sort of sense... Can you tell me where is that written? The preacher's player is a stickler for rules, so I would like to show him that when he asks.
    FC-69 Invoking Aspects
    "If the aspect you invoke is on someone else’s character sheet, including
    situation aspects attached to them, you give them the fate point you spent.
    They don’t actually get to use it until after the end of the scene, though."

I'm a little confused, as "invoking an aspect on someone else's character sheet" is a compel, right?

In regard to being immediately awarded a Fate Point for compels as per Kyoryu, this is all I could find:
    FC-71 Compelling
    "Whoever is getting compelled then has two options:
    • Accept the complication and receive a fate point
    • Pay a fate point to prevent the complication from happening"

I thought this interesting too:
    FC-76 Aspects always true
    "This may seem self-evident, but we figured we’d call it out
    anyway—the aspects on your character sheet are true of your character at
    all times, not just when they’re invoked or compelled."

And I was wondering how to handle Fate Points for NPCs and this covers it:
    FC-82 The GM and Fate Points
    "Whenever a scene starts, you get one fate point for every PC in that scene."

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    And I thought that giving a baddie some sort of a handicap the PCs can use is also a way of charging them with Fate points mid conflict (Like the twisted ankle of the Ogre)
    Yeah, I think it works this way. Enemy has a twisted ankle aspect. Player's can compel it by paying a Fate Point. Per the NPC rules, the NPC would get that Fate Point at the end of the scene to use in a different scene possibly.

Out of curiosity, how in the world do you capture such detailed After-Action-Reports? Are you taking notes during the session? Do you write them up immediately after (I'm thinking no based on your previous comments)? I love the detail and would like to be able to capture as much myself.

Again, Kol, thanks for the posting. You've gotten me through many a boring hour and given me many thoughts to ponder.

On a side note based on what you're studying and--again out of curiosity-- you're in med school? No wonder time is tight!
    Last edited by beknoll; 2013-09-06 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Name correction