1. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: The Psychotherapist [3.5, Base Class][PEACH]

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    The save or suck effects from the psycho-essences are more potent than the damage itself, so even if it was a relatively low level one the fact that you cannot gain the debuff effects is a big drawback.

Actually they seem to have been modified since I last checked. I'd still say you could probably get away with it as a lesser with no drawbacks.
    Hmm, there are no modification of Psycho-Essences yet. But, yes, if I were to make a Mind-Immune Piercing Chirurgery option, it would be a niche ability that's more for (mass) damaging purposes than debuffing (so as not to be useless most of the time on a given encounter). All encompassing mind-immune piercing is handled by the Empowering Corruption, anyway, given enough level investments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyton View Post
    Does a level 20 psychotherapist with a wisdom of 18 go insane after 30 years?
    Yes, it's an inevitability. Do note the Schism ability though, which renders any such effects irrelevant from a mechanical perspective but may add to a wider roleplaying opportunity..
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2013-09-18 at 07:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.