Hmm...I don't want to push it too far. A 9th level Healer, for example, can already drop a Purging, Lifeguarding Healing Aura for three Essence, getting a chance to dispel every hostile spell on its allies, protecting them against the next single Death effect they suffer, and giving them some quasi-healing to boot. Sure, it uses up three Essence, so without recovery that's happening maybe two to three times an encounter (pushing four at high levels), but that's still a lot of SoD and SoL mitigation on a per-encounter basis, and with recovery that can happen substantially more frequently.

I do think that Purification may not compare too well to Purging, so I think I'll go back and allow it to remove its full list (barring a couple explicitly hard to remove ones, like Negative Levels and Ability Drain), but make it remove one effect per Essence spent, rather than one plus one-third your Cha modifier. That'll ensure it's more broadly useful, since status effects can be a threat right out the gate anyway.