1. - Top - End - #869
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LII: Sin of the Blind Monk

So, finally got around to getting this game after stumbling on some VODs on YouTube.

Server: North America
    Forum Name: Artanis
    Summoner Name: LegacyCWAL

My experience so far:

I was fairly good at Tides of Blood* back in WC3, but that was a zillion years ago. Thus far I've played the two tutorials and a few Coop vs. AI games. I think I know of a couple things I know I need to learn how to do**, but even the most talented players (of which I am the exact opposite) would still be trash going into their literal second day with the game.

What I have:

-Level 5
    -Champions: Nunu (he's cheap, he's "Recommended", and he lets me call myself "Nunu-noob" ) and Ryze (which I instantly realized was a mistake since he's currently free).
    -Runes: One of the ultra-cheap Runes that I got just to get a look at how the system worked.

What I need for now:

Any very very general advice would be greatly appreciated. Even specific builds would be well beyond what I'm trying to learn at this point. A couple specific things I'd like to know:
    -Which Masteries, if any, are "Take this no matter what regardless of hero and build" and which masteries, if any, are "Even thinking about taking this is Doing It Wrong."
    -Similar advice for items (although slightly more specific). Stuff like "This item is required for AD Carries, this item is required for Tops, etc".
    -Whether it's better to start with Melee heroes (because it'd force me to learn not-getting-killed habits early) or Ranged heroes (because it'd let me learn other stuff without spending half the game waiting for my death timer to finish).

Many thanks in advance

*It had the same basic concept as DoTA, but significantly different strategy.

**Such as getting better at reliably last-hitting minions as opposed to just attacking them until they die.
    Last edited by Artanis; 2013-09-25 at 11:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!