View Single Post

Thread: Web-Spinner [3.5 Base Class, PEAR]

1. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Web-Spinner [3.5 Base Class, PEAR]

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post
    Daze is a pretty standard upgrade from stun, I believe. I could be wrong.
    If anything, it's the other way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRD Condition Summary
    A dazed creature can take no actions, but has no penalty to AC.
    […]
    A stunned creature drops everything held, can’t take actions, takes a -2 penalty to AC, and loses his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any).
    That said, stunning does have the disadvantage that there are a fair number of types (construct, elemental, ooze, plant, undead) that are immune to it. Nothing is immune to dazing out of the box (though many effects which daze are mind-affecting, Fort save to negate, or otherwise blocked by other immunities). Still, "upgrading" by reducing the penalties but bypassing immunities somewhat better is at best a mixed bag.

Instead, I'd suggest adding daze to it in the case of the target being immune to stunning.

1Oh, hey, mind giving me a drive-by comment on school foci, attune focus, or maybe the orb of X rework?
    Last edited by TuggyNE; 2013-10-13 at 10:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity