Belkar does a twin daggers of doom + leaping attack at Roy from Range 1.

Roy only has his greenihlt sword with which to defend.

Leaping says it moves you to the target room at end of turn, you may loot if there are no monsters.

I can see this playing out one of two ways:

a) This is a ranged attack, greenhilt doesn't work. Roy defends without a schtick and gets smashed (at worst its a draw since it's w/o schtick). Belkar however does NOT get to loot an equipped loot since he didn't attack at range 0. End of turn Belkar moves in and may grab 1 loot if any happens to be laying around in the room and there are no monsters.

b) This is considered range 0 because belkar is moving into the room. Greenhilt sword applies for defense. If belkar wins he gets to steal one equipped loot.

The trouble is that while a) seems right it also seems wrong. One would think Belkar's best attack should get him loot. Though I suppose he could always move into the room and attack for the same net bonus and get a loot.

Also a) seems a bit wrong in that you'd think greenhilt would work against a flying halfling. Maybe he's just too fast heh. And it seems unfair to let Roy defend with his sword but leave Belkar with no chance at loot.

-----

Also, versus monsters am I correct in thinking that Belkar does not get 2 loots from a range 1 leap at a single monster that he kills? He just gets a standard end of turn 1 loot?

Presumably he can search for stairs.