Quote Originally Posted by Piggy Knowles View Post
This was my aborted entry:

Spoiler: Untitled Entry
Show

LN Human Ranger 3/Thug Sneak Attack Fighter 3/Corrupt Avenger 10/Alchemist Savant 4

ACFs:
Favored Organization (replaces Favored Enemy)
Voice of the City (replaces Wild Empathy)
Thug Fighter (lose first level feat)
Sneak Attack Fighter (lose bonus feats)

NAME OF ENTRY
{table=head]Level|Class|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Skills|Feats|Class Features

1st|Ranger 1|
+1
|
+2
|
+2
|
+0
|Craft (alchemy) 4 ranks, craft (poisonmaking) 4 ranks, survival 4 ranks, knowledge (religion) 2 ranks, knowledge (dungeoneering) 4 ranks, knowledge (nature) 4 ranks, spellcraft 2 ranks|Track, Least Dragonmark (Mark of Making - Make Whole), Quick Draw|Rival organization, voice of the city

2nd|Ranger 2|
+2
|
+3
|
+3
|
+0
|Craft (alchemy) 5 ranks, craft (poisonmaking) 5 ranks, survival 5 ranks, spellcraft 2.5 ranks, knowledge (nature) 5 ranks, knowledge (dungeoneering) 5 ranks, search 1 rank|Two-Weapon Fighting|Combat style

3rd|Ranger 3|
+3
|
+3
|
+3
|
+1
|Craft (alchemy) 6 ranks, craft (poisonmaking) 6 ranks, survival 6 ranks, spellcraft 3 ranks, search 4 ranks|Endurance, Strong Stomach|

4th|Thug Fighter 1|
+4
|
+5
|
+3
|
+1
|Craft (alchemy) 7 ranks, craft (poisonmaking) 7 ranks, spellcraft 3.5 ranks, survival 7 ranks||Sneak attack +1d6

5th|Thug Fighter 2|
+5
|
+6
|
+3
|
+1
|Craft (alchemy) 8 ranks, craft (poisonmaking) 8 ranks, spellcraft 4 ranks, survival 8 ranks||

6th|Thug Fighter 3|
+6/+1
|
+6
|
+4
|
+2
|Craft (alchemy) 9 ranks, craft (poisonmaking) 9 ranks, search 4.5 ranks, survival 9 ranks|Craven|Sneak attack +2d6

7th|Corrupt Avenger 1|
+7/+2
|
+8
|
+4
|
+2
|Craft (poisonmaking) 10 ranks, search 5 ranks, survival 10 ranks||Armored casting, detect sworn foe, sworn foe +2, taint suppression

8th|Corrupt Avenger 2|
+8/+3
|
+9
|
+4
|
+2
|Craft (poisonmaking) 11 ranks, craft (alchemy) 10 ranks, survival 11 ranks||Tainted strike 1/day

9th|Corrupt Avenger 3|
+9/+4
|
+9
|
+5
|
+3
|Craft (poisonmaking) 12 ranks, craft (alchemy) 11 ranks, survival 12 ranks|Brew Potion|Grim resolve

10th|Corrupt Avenger 4|
+10/+5
|
+10
|
+5
|
+3
|Craft (alchemy) 12 ranks, craft (poisonmaking) 13 ranks, survival 13 ranks||Sworn foe +4

11th|Corrupt Avenger 5|
+11/+6/+1
|
+10
|
+5
|
+3
|Craft (alchemy) 13 ranks, craft (poisonmaking) 14 ranks, survival 14 ranks||Frightful fury

12th|Alchemist Savant 1|
+11/+6/+1
|
+12
|
+5
|
+3
|Craft (alchemy) 14 ranks, craft (poisonmaking) 15 ranks, survival 15 ranks|Lesser Dragonmark (Mark of Making - Minor Creation)|Efficient alchemy, poison use

13th|Alchemist Savant 2|
+12/+7/+2
|
+13
|
+5
|
+3
|Craft (alchemy) 15 ranks, craft (poisonmaking) 16 ranks, survival 16 ranks||Brew spellvial

14th|Alchemist Savant 3|
+12/+7/+2
|
+13
|
+6
|
+4
|Craft (alchemy) 16 ranks, craft (poisonmaking) 17 ranks, survival 17 ranks||Efficient alchemy (2 potions/day)

15th|Alchemist Savant 4|
+13/+8/+3
|
+14
|
+6
|
+4
|Craft (alchemy) 17 ranks, craft (poisonmaking) 18 ranks, survival 18 ranks|Mother Cyst|Create alchemical mixture

16th|Corrupt Avenger 6|
+14/+9/+4
|
+15
|
+7
|
+5
|Craft (alchemy) 18 ranks, craft (poisonmaking) 19 ranks, survival 19 ranks||Tainted strike 2/day

17th|Corrupt Avenger 7|
+15/+10/+5
|
+15
|
+7
|
+5
|Craft (alchemy) 19 ranks, craft (poisonmaking) 20 ranks, survival 20 ranks||Sworn foe +6

18th|Corrupt Avenger 8|
+16/+11/+6/+1
|
+16
|
+7
|
+5
|Craft (alchemy) 20 ranks, craft (poisonmaking) 21 ranks, survival 21 ranks|Practiced Spellcaster|

19th|Corrupt Avenger 9|
+17/+12/+7/+2
|
+16
|
+8
|
+6
|Craft (alchemy) 21 ranks, craft (poisonmaking) 22 ranks, survival 22 ranks||Unnerving fury

20th|Corrupt Avenger 10|
+18/+13/+8/+3
|
+17
|
+8
|
+6
|Craft (alchemy) 22 ranks, craft (poisonmaking) 23 ranks, survival 23 ranks||Sworn foe +8, tainted strike 3/day[/table]

BONUS FEATS:
Weapon Finesse - Though much of XXX’s attacking is done at range, Weapon Finesse allows him to switch seamlessly into melee, using Quick Draw to draw poisoned light weapons to TWF. It also makes his touch attacks far more effective against enemies with a high touch AC.
Greater Dragonmark (Mark of Making - Fabricate) - Fabricate will drastically speed up the creation of alchemical items and poisons when crafting from scratch, and will allow XXX to function as a toolkit, crafting items as they are needed. It will also provide him with additional uses of Minor Creation.

If you are playing in a campaign where feycraft weapons are readily available, Weapon Finesse becomes less necessary. If this is the case, consider swapping it out for Dragonmark Adept (Quick Potion), which will give you an additional daily use of Minor Creation while also allowing you to make potions on the fly, or Sickening Strike, which is one of the few ambush feats that can be used melee or ranged, and can add on a sickening rider to all of your attacks with no saving throw.

Starting stats: Str 10/Dex 16/Con 14/Int 10/Wis 10/Cha 16

The basic idea was to TWF tossing poison bombs (alchemical poison vials) and alchemical spellvials of Corrupt Avenger spells. In particular, Necrotic Cyst and Vampiric Touch as splash weapons via spellvial + alchemical mixture, to deal sneak attack (and Craven) damage while also passing on the spells or poison. Also would combine the tainted strike and sneak attack/craven to boost the damage/healing from Vampiric Touch.

Used Strong Stomach to avoid the negative consequences of gaining corruption. Since gaining corruption requires you to make a save every time, and be nauseated on a failure or sickened on a success, Strong Stomach would drop that to nothing on a successful save or sickened on a failure.

Fluff was going to be that he was a member of House Cannith who discovered some sort of nastiness within his own house. I was planning on writing a story where he falls in love with someone from outside of his House, only to see her fall mysteriously ill. Eventually he uncovers that she falls ill due to some magical experimentation by House Cannith, so he swears secret vengeance against his own house.

I just... couldn't get motivated to do the write-up, for some reason. I had the table done fairly early on, and was pretty happy with the build, but every time I started on the write-up I found myself hitting a block.

Looks like some very interesting stuff this round! I've only skimmed the entries so far, but I look forward to reading through everything in greater detail.
I've got to say, that looks pretty awesome. And I love the fact that you used Dragonmarks - I love them to bits, but nobody (else) ever seems to use them.