Avaristar extends a courteous bow in turn. "My lord, it is my duty to help and protect, and I will do so for free. I will not turn your graciously offered reward down, however. There is many a good deed I could do with it."

He makes a mental note of the look lord Gwerm just cast towards the wounded woman, Anevia. Do they know each other? A question for a later time. His reflection is interrupted by the blind man. He listens to Julia's answer and nods in approval.

"Good thinking. We need to make the best of every resource we can find. And, sir, yes, we do need a plan. We have here seven able-bodied men and women, including yourself, my lord." He takes care to acknowledge the nobleman again with a nod before he turns back to the blind wizard. "Then we have the wounded. Yourself, sir, blinded. Mistress Anevia here is limping and may be able to walk, but slowly. And one unconscious man, he is gravely hurt and will have to be carried and tended to."

"As for crusaders... I think most of us can fight. We are armed, and hopefully we will be able to find useful equipment in the rubble. Including some magic, as indicated by Miss Julia."

Even as the thinks aloud, he's attentive to his surroundings, and he doesn't miss Almaluxia's timid intervention.

"Something moved, you say? Where?" He turns around, his bardiche in one hand, his candlerod in the other.