Quote Originally Posted by Rolep View Post
More flexible than a Wizard//Archivist? Both combos can theoretically perpare all the spells that they could ever need (indeed, Archivist/Wizard is far more flexible). It feels to me like a classic power/versitality trade.

More T0 than StP Erudite//Archivist? This feels like the power/versitality thing coming up again.
Well, no, not worse than StP. But do people actually play StP Erudite?

But in gestalt you can get so many higher level spells per day anyway that either way you are unlikely to run out (and when you do, resting is no biggie).
I'm not sure about this. You can only about double the number of your highest level spells normally (with say wizard/archivist), this would increase it by a lot more.

Also I just realize, "True Transparency" comes in at 7th level in the PrC, not 10th which means you can be doing this as early as 13th level. And you often don't have a chance to rest in the middle of something.

In fact, my worries were more about the potential power of being able to cast effectively two 14th level spells in a single round at level 17. Do you think that this is reasonable (I don't, but I'm struggling to think of ways of rewording Metacerebemancy/Cerebemantic Fusion/both to fix this. Changing the capstone is an option, but I don't know what to replace it with).
So, that's certainly a potential issue since it threatens to break the action economy. They are both pretty strong features. How much either matters may depend on how much optimization occurs in your games.