GM post

Sirus's Sense Motive check

Spoiler
Show
Despite the slight theatricality of his actions and threats, Ven does seem to be genuinely incensed. He certainly displayed a foul enough temper the first time you met him, in the middle of a family argument over whom his elder daughter was dating. If he means to bash Setsuna over the head with a ham, he'd probably do it without regrets.

Brin

It takes some jostling to get to where the crowd is thickest and you nearly get elbowed in the chest. But you manage to get close enough to the beleaguered tiefling to reach past someone's corseted waist and brush your fingertips against her arm - just enough contact for the spell to take hold.

"Addressed? A dress's precisely what yer buddy yonder was taking off my girl! You can't buy honour with a pint!" Ven's eyes bulge in their sockets, giving him an uncanny resemblance to a cross-eyed bulldog as he snarls and advances towards Sirus, hefting the large ham in his massive hands. "Just going down to get supplies for Master Drokker and whadda I see? Some devil-blood trying to rut on my little princess, s'what! I'm telling yer, nobody treats my princess bad and gets away with it!"

The little princess in question, one might note, is nowhere to be seen. Clearly, she isn't interested in preventing her father from bashing in Setsuna's skull with a cured leg of pork.

Perception DC 15
Spoiler
Show
Over the chatter of the crowd, you catch a couple of guffaws at Ven's rant and someone muttering gleefully: "Pay up now. Told you it's matter o' time 'fore Shay tried to bed one of the out-of-towners"

Red

Tensing for a fight the instant she hears Ven's shout, Red is dumbfounded to find that the 'thief' is none other than Setsuna, frowning to herself as the crowd forms around them. That wasn't right. Setsuna wouldn't steal something. And why was Setsuna trying to run and do up her pants at the same time? Unless she'd been...

No, that wasn't right either. Setsuna hadn't been able to look at those naked lady pictures Tsuto had drawn without blushing to the tips of her ears. She wouldn't have. Would she?

Taking advantage of Sirus's attempt to pacify Ven, Red hurries over to where Setsuna is and gently takes hold of the tiefling's shoulders. "Shh. I... got you. It is... all right. Dress first." Using her body as a shield the best she can, Red tries to block Setsuna from Ven's view long enough to give her time to finishing tying her sash. "Setsuna. What happened? Did you really...?" Red tries not to let her voice betray her worry. Ven was a very important man in Sandpoint. He owned the general store. Also, people liked Ven, even though he had a bad temper. If he was angry with Setsuna, that wasn't good.