Public Health Worker
Hit die: d8
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special Spells per day 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 1 0 2 2 2 5 3 2 1 3 3 3 Cure Minor Wounds 6 4 3 1 3 3 3 6 4 3 4 2 4 4 4 Extend Abjuration 6 5 4 5 2 4 4 4 6 5 4 3 6 3 5 5 5 Resist Energy 6 5 5 4 7 3 5 5 5 6 5 5 4 3 8 4 6 6 6 Preventative Casting 6 5 5 5 4 9 4 6 6 6 7 5 5 5 4 3 10 5 7 7 7 Death Ward 7 5 5 5 5 4 11 5 7 7 7 7 6 5 5 5 4 3 12 6 8 8 8 Mass Casting 7 6 5 5 5 5 4 13 6 8 8 8 7 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 14 7 9 9 9 Antimagic Field 7 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 15 7 9 9 9 7 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 16 8 10 10 10 Brute Counterspell 7 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 17 8 10 10 10 7 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 18 9 11 11 11 Greater Restoration 7 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 19 9 11 11 11 Disjunction 7 7 7 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 20 10 12 12 12 True Resurrection 7 7 7 7 7 6 6 6 6 5
Class Skills: Concentration, Diplomacy, Knowledge(any), Heal, Sense Motive, Spellcraft
Proficiencies: All simple weapons, light and medium armor and shields
Spellcasting: Public Health Workers cast divine spells spontaneously from their entire class list using wisdom. The spells are powered by their dedication to the cause of protecting people (or, on occasion, protecting their people). Many, but not all, Public Health Workers also worship gods of healing and protection.
Spell-like abilities: At the levels shown on the table, Public Health Workers gain the following spell-like abilities usable at-will: Cure Minor Wounds, Resist Energy, Death Ward, Antimagic Field, Greater Restoration, Disjunction, True Resurrection. Save DCs, if relevant, are wisdom-based. As SLAs, these do not require XP or material components.
Extend Abjuration(su): All abjurations a PHW casts are extended as if by the feat at no cost.
Preventative Casting(su): A PHW may cast any conjuration(healing) spell as a preventative. The spell has no effect when cast, but the next time the target is subjected to an effect the spell could undo, the effect is cancelled or ameliorated as if the spell were cast immediately afterwards (if the effect drops the target to -10hp or similar and the spell undoes that, the target does not die, or even stumble). If no effect takes place within 1 day per caster, the spell dissipates. No creature can have more than one preventative waiting at a time.
Mass Casting(su): A PHW may cast a spell which normally targets one creature on a group of creatures instead. The group must fit in a circle no more than 50 ft across. The PHW must walk around the group while casting. The casting takes 10 minutes longer and uses a spell slot 3 levels higher than normal. It cannot be done with spells that have XP or material costs.
Brute Counterspell(su): As a swift action, a PHW can counterspell using a spell slot of a higher level than the incoming spell. (A spellcraft check is needed to determine the level of the incoming spell, but if that fails guessing is a viable option.)
- Create Water: Creates 2 gallons/level of pure water.
- Cure Minor Wounds: Cures 1 point of damage.
- Detect Magic: Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
- Detect Poison: Detects poison in one creature or object.
- Guidance: +1 on one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.
- Light: Object shines like a torch.
- Mending: Makes minor repairs on an object.
- Purify Food and Drink: Purifies 1 cu. ft./level of food or water.
- Read Magic: Read scrolls and spellbooks.
- Resistance: Subject gains +1 on saving throws.
- Virtue: Subject gains 1 temporary hp.
- Bless: Allies gain +1 on attack rolls and saves against fear.
- Bless Water M: Makes holy water.
- Cure Light Wounds: Cures 1d8 damage +1/level (max +5).
- Endure Elements: Exist comfortably in hot or cold environments.
- Hold Portal: Holds door shut.
- Mage Armor: Gives subject +4 armor bonus
- Obscuring Mist: Fog surrounds you.
- Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law: +2 to AC and saves, counter mind control, hedge out elementals and outsiders.
- Remove Fear: Suppresses fear or gives +4 on saves against fear for one subject + one per four levels.
- Shield: Invisible disc gives +4 to AC, blocks magic missiles.
- Vigor, Lesser
- Blur: Attacks miss subject 20% of the time.:
- Consecrate M: Fills area with positive energy, making undead weaker.
- Cure Moderate Wounds: Cures 2d8 damage +1/level (max +10).
- Delay Poison: Stops poison from harming subject for 1 hour/level.
- Gentle Repose: Preserves one corpse.
- Make Whole: Repairs an object.
- Obscure Object: Masks object against scrying.
- Protection from Arrows: Subject immune to most ranged attacks.
- Remove Paralysis: Frees one or more creatures from paralysis or slow effect.
- Resist Energy: Ignores first 10 (or more) points of damage/attack from specified energy type.
- Restoration, Lesser: Dispels magical ability penalty or repairs 1d4 ability damage.
- Shield Other F: You take half of subjectís damage.
- Status: Monitors condition, position of allies.
- Cure Serious Wounds: Cures 3d8 damage +1/level (max +15).
- Dispel Magic: Cancels magical spells and effects.
- Displacement: Attacks miss subject 50%.
- Magic Circle against Chaos/Evil/Good/Law: As protection spells, but 10-ft. radius and 10 min./level.
- Protection from Energy: Absorb 12 points/level of damage from one kind of energy.
- Remove Blindness/Deafness: Cures normal or magical conditions.
- Remove Curse: Frees object or person from curse.
- Remove Disease: Cures all diseases affecting subject.
- Speak with Dead: Corpse answers one question/two levels.
- Vigor, Mass Lesser
- Water Breathing: Subjects can breathe underwater.
- Water Walk: Subject treads on water as if solid.
- Wind Wall: Deflects arrows, smaller creatures, and gases.
- Cure Critical Wounds: Cures 4d8 damage +1/level (max +20).
- Death Ward: Grants immunity to death spells and negative energy effects.
- Dimensional Anchor: Bars extradimensional movement.
- Freedom of Movement: Subject moves normally despite impediments.
- Globe of Invulnerability, Lesser: Stops 1st- through 3rd-level spell effects.
- Neutralize Poison: Immunizes subject against poison, detoxifies venom in or on subject.
- Remove Curse: Frees object or person from curse.
- Restoration M: Restores level and ability score drains.
- Spell Immunity: Subject is immune to one spell per four levels.
- Stoneskin M: Ignore 10 points of damage per attack.
- Atonement F X: Removes burden of misdeeds from subject.
- Break Enchantment: Frees subjects from enchantments, alterations, curses, and petrification.
- Cure Light Wounds, Mass: Cures 1d8 damage +1/level for many creatures.
- Hallow M: Designates location as holy.
- Mageís Private Sanctum: Prevents anyone from viewing or scrying an area for 24 hours.
- Permanency X:Makes certain spells permanent.
- Raise Dead M: Restores life to subject who died as long as one day/level ago.
- Spell Resistance: Subject gains SR 12 + level.
- Vigor, Greater
- Antimagic Field: Negates magic within 10 ft.
- Cure Moderate Wounds, Mass: Cures 2d8 damage +1/level for many creatures.
- Dispel Magic, Greater: As dispel magic, but +20 on check.
- Globe of Invulnerability: As lesser globe of invulnerability, plus 4th-level spell effects.
- Guards and Wards: Array of magic effects protect area.
- Heal: Cures 10 points/level of damage, all diseases and mental conditions.
- Stone to Flesh: Restores petrified creature.
- Banishment: Banishes 2 HD/level of extraplanar creatures.
- Cure Serious Wounds, Mass: Cures 3d8 damage +1/level for many creatures.
- Forcecage M: Cube or cage of force imprisons all inside.
- Regenerate: Subjectís severed limbs grow back, cures 4d8 damage +1/level (max +35).
- Restoration, Greater X: As restoration, plus restores all levels and ability scores.
- Resurrection M: Fully restore dead subject.
- Sequester: Subject is invisible to sight and scrying; renders creature comatose.
- Spell Turning: Reflect 1d4+6 spell levels back at caster.
- Cure Critical Wounds, Mass: Cures 4d8 damage +1/level for many creatures.
- Dimensional Lock: Teleportation and interplanar travel blocked for one day/level.
- Mind Blank: Subject is immune to mental/emotional magic and scrying.
- Prismatic Wall: Wallís colors have array of effects.
- Protection from Spells M F: Confers +8 resistance bonus.
- Spell Immunity, Greater: As spell immunity, but up to 8th-level spells.
- Disjunction: Dispels magic, disenchants magic items.
- Heal, Mass: As heal, but with several subjects.
- Prismatic Sphere: As prismatic wall, but surrounds on all sides.
- Time Stop: You act freely for 1d4+1 rounds.
- True Resurrection M: As resurrection, plus remains arenít needed.
(This could probably use a few additions. For one thing, I didn't really feel like pulling out my Spell Compendium)