Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
OK, so we need what, Bard 1/meldshaper 2? Pretty easy entry requirements, there. I'd throw on a skill requirement, maybe. (And maybe ask zagan if you can re-post the feat here)
I considered skill requirements and may still edit them in later, but for now the only skill requirement is on the feat. And I have also edited my second post to include the requisite feat.

10/10 advancement is standard for a theurge. No real comment here, although the lack of a capstone ability makes me sad.
Don't be sad Grod, when I can think of an appropriate capstone I will put one in. I just haven't heard a good suggestion or had that "Eureka!" moment yet.

Given that essentia is a constant resource (ie, you always have X amount of it), and bardic music is doubly limited (X performances of Y duration), how does this work? Is the essence for the day lost when you stop singing? Is it only unavailable while the performance is in effect? How does it interact with Lingering Song? What action does this take?
The soul singer and allies only gain the benefits of essentia invested while the essentia is still there. You can kind of think of a Songmeld as a soulmeld with a duration. So if you start a performance with 2 points invested and then later move 1 to a soulmeld, the song immediately becomes weaker, so Lingering Song wouldn't have any special effect.

To make things less confusing, I suggest a sort of "Incarnate Instrument." It takes... maybe the arms chakra, giving a nice bonus to perform if shaped, and the listed benefit to your music if bound.
I may still take up Shneeky's suggestion of having the Songmeld correspond to body slots, but I still need to think about it a bit more.

Also, I'd try to cover at least some of the more common alternate songs.
It's possible. At the very least I'll consider it if I can get enough people interested in the class.

Crown is probably unnecessary, since it's the first one you get-- ie, what you take to get into the class. Other than that... you're getting Throat and Waist two levels early, most likely, but that's not a huge deal... oh, and you've got a typo, marked by the bolding.
Not necessarily. You can enter the class as a Bard/Totemist.