Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
The difference is that Phase Out made Necrons completely unplayable. Synapse is an inconvenience.

Fine. Let's do this.

Chaos Marines; Flakk Havocs. Largely ignored in favour of Autocannon Havocs and Forgefiends, relying on Rate of Fire, rather than Skyfire.
Dark Angels; Flakk Devastators. Ignored for every reason that Flakk Havocs are (cost), but, don't have Autocannons or Forgefiends to pick up the slack. But, the 'Angels get Nephalim Jetfighters, right? How good is that?
Chaos Daemons; Soul Grinders. Technically a good choice, but, suffers from 'not a Daemon Prince'.
Eldar; Eldar Missile Launchers. The number of times I've seen Dark Reapers or War Walkers, I can count in single digits, put together. Eldar rely more on rate of fire, rather than Skyfire. Seems familiar.
Tau; Only army in the game where Skyfire actually means something.
Space Marines; Stalkers and Hunters both suck. The only 'good' option is Imperial Fist Devastators with Flakk Missiles. Because this requires Imperial Fists (not for everyone), and Flakk Devastators are still expensive, this is why Codex Marines still use Stormtalons in every list.

So...Tau.

Yep. But, nothing the Codex could have done, could have made Genestealers good because of the two rules that make them pointless. The only way those problems get solved is either Assaulting from Reserves (hah, no), or getting a 4+ Save.

Guess what? Shooty units also have 4+ Saves. Just one of the reasons Fire Warriors and Dire Avengers are so good.
I'm confused as to what your list is. Are you admitting that I'm right, and that Tyranids are the only 6th edition Codex without a Skyfire unit right now? Because that's what your list proved.