1. - Top - End - #874
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XIX: "Understand the gravity of the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    My point is to point out your fallacy. That Skyfire doesn't matter as much as you seem to think that it does. The only Codex that has Skyfire that matters is Tau. And Tau are Tau. And, if we're going to compare Tyranids with Tau (or Eldar), then Tyranids are always going to have the worse Codex, which I've already admitted previously.

On that note, I'm done. IMO, Tyranids are better off than they were before - with the exception of people who have 3+ Tervigons in their case. Are Tyranids as good as other Codecies? No. But were they ever going to be?

Now I think I'll probably get around to addressing why Orks are bad.
    There is no fallacy. I said that Tyranids are the ONLY 6th edition codex without it. Which is totally accurate. Whether or not it is on an effective unit is irrelevant - they didn't even make an effort to include it. And let's be honest, GW has proven themselves pretty poor at anticipating which units will be good or bad, they pretty clearly didn't INTEND for the bulk of the Skyfire units to be not worth taking.

Also, add the lack of Skyfire to the fact that Tyranids are pretty much the only army that can't use a Quad Gun and at least get some Skyfire, for no real reason other than screw Nids.

The lack of Skyfire, no allies, not able to use emplaced weapons, poor saves on expensive CC specialized troops, shackling to an annoying rule that has more basis in fluff than any gameplay, and no avenue for deep strike except for FMCs and specific units all contributes to the overall feel of the Codex - that this is a middling 5th edition codex.

Except we're in SIXTH edition. Separate from gripes about power, the codex simply feels outdated for the way the game is played. Which is a very bad thing, because it's brand new. Heck, even most of the fluff and pictures were outright copy-pasted from the previous codex.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-01-15 at 11:02 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.