View Single Post

Thread: Off With Their Head!(3.pf pcr, peach)

1. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Off With Their Head!(3.pf pcr, peach)

Quote Originally Posted by Veklim View Post
    *sigh*
    Let us start from scratch here....

Vorpal states that on a roll of a natural 20 you decapitate your opponent as long as you confirm the critical threat. This is what Vorpal does....

Blade of Infinite Edge grants an already Vorpal weapon the chance to decapitate on a natural roll of 19 or 20 pending confirmation of the critical (an ability I have NEVER seen in all my years of brews and 3rd party shiz). Heads Will Roll further increases this to any natural roll of 18, 19 or 20 causing decapitation with confirmation of the critical.

It has nothing to do with reach or anything to do with threatened squares, nor does it bare any resemblance to what you're saying here:

Pardon me, but this makes no sense in the first place since Vorpal has nothing to do with attacks of opportunity, it is purely about the number you roll on the die when you attack with any attack.....even if you mean to simply give them a better chance of confirming criticals in very specific circumstances, then that's just a REALLY bad version of 3.5's Power Critical (dunno if it even exists in PF), which is a feat granting +4 to confirm any critical threat with any one weapon you have focus for....

Basically I think you're entirely missing the intention of the OP and therefore not understanding what the ability is meant to be doing.

This is what the original poster wrote:

The Heads Will Roll (Ex): At ninth level the range that a Vorpal Warrior threatens decapitation when using a vorpal weapon increases by one.
    Please note you ONLY threaten decapitation on an AoO. Otherwise you are just making a normal role. This was worded horribly.

It either means the range at which you threaten an opponent is increased, which is distance or it means that that the vorpal weapon gains a +1 when you threaten someone.

Terms have actual meaning in game.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2014-01-20 at 08:24 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread