1. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Knight of Dullahan(Base Class Constest 3rd Place)[PEACH]

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    At some point I will need to look through MM for humanoids with racial HD (bugbears come to mind but that's it).
    Gnolls, Grimlocks, Lizardfolk, Locathah, and Troglodytes in core.

So it gets 11 levels of cleric casting, +4 fort and will, a bunch of weak undead (effectively 2 HD warriors), a pair of good undead (one from Animate Dead), and rebuke as an 11th level cleric
    Rebuke as a 12th level (Improved Turning Bonus Feat) And any successful rebukes count as commands. And slightly better than 2 HD warriors, 24 hitpoints guaranteed, Natural Armor and Dex bonus.
    It loses: 1 point of BAB, 2 hp, a worthwhile mount, a cohort, some weapon enhancements, a cool (but situational at best) ability, and some high level SLAs of variable usefulness (I don't like PW: Kill due to double tags and requiring enemies be > half dead already).
    I've always considered Power Word: Kill as a finishing move. The fight with that dragon has been carrying on for a while and you're starting to run low on resources, it's useful to just end it. No Save. And it's one of the Iconic Death Knight powers.

On the constructive criticism part, though, I'd allow their Spinal Blades to still become bastard swords as they are typically better than a deity's favored weapon, I'd just add the favored weapon as an additional option.
    Makes sense, Fixed.

The basic difference, when I was designing them, between going straight KoD and taking the prestige class is the KoD tries to get in a Duel with an isolated opponent while the LotDL tries to slaughter entire populations. Just wipe towns off the map.
    Last edited by Beelzebub1111; 2014-01-24 at 05:36 PM.