View Single Post

Thread: Titans of the Mythos Subsystem

1. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Titans of the Mythos Subsystem

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    Okay... I'm not even gonna finish reading this before I post. Immemorial Mythos? Xenocosmic Mythos??? Are you friggin' kidding me?! Sempeternal Mythos are ALREADY ridiculous in scope, and you're telling me there's TWO MORE tiers beyond that? Jeez man...
    Look man, you need supreme, ultimate abilities. And then you need a tier above that so a character can kick logic to the curb and row row fight the power with a wicked heavy metal leitmotif in their crowning moment of awesome. And then you need a tier above that to maintain the mystery and wonder, to keep the flame of ambition alive so that one always has something to strive for, even if it is beyond the bounds of the current story being told. And then you need a tier above that because I hate spellcasters.

Alright this is pretty cool. I understand, now, how a mortal might happen upon a Mythos in the first place. But all of this leaves me REALLY confused as to what Lawgivers are. Are they relatively young Titans? Or are they something else entirely by virtue of their birth?
    They're a completely different beast.

Oh, and if I'm reading this correctly, then that means that mortals who take levels in Mythos-granting classes are called "Anthols". Is that right?
    Yes. They're not likely to be called that in-setting, unless you're playing a game in which the Mythos-elements are in the forefront, rather than a background element to justify awesome non-spellcasters walking around doing cool but unrelated things (which is what I suggest they be used for). Titans, Lawgivers, and the oldest gods might know the name and be able to spot one. Otherwise, I just like it as an easy way to refer to them in future texts.
    Last edited by Xefas; 2014-04-10 at 09:53 PM.