Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
Sorry I didn't get the chance to weigh in earlier, been a tad busy keeping up with everything.

Kiwahkw
Ahh, these guys.
Side note: If you spell the name even a little wrong, you can't find a thing about 'em on google.

I definitely like that this is a template, it makes sense.

Gigantism: Hmm. The legend superdave pointed out is the only one I've seen that mentions them changing size at will. As far as I was previously aware, they just grew larger as they ate more people. I shall ponder this.

War Shriek: Finger of Death is like a 7th level spell effect with some pretty massive damage. Making it target everyone in 60 feet is easily a 8th or 9th level effect, and making it at-will is way overboard. I can't find any myths relating to a negative energy or death effect tied to the scream, either. I would suggest having it deal a value of sonic damage/HD instead.

Regrowth: Wouldn't this just be a particularly annoying form of regeneration overcome by fire/acid? The all the different pieces regrowing thing would work if this was a specific monster, but how do you determine the stats of each piece? Are they identical to the main creature, just with reduced HD? Do they start at a different size? Do they have access to the base creature's full casting abilities?

Abilities: Caster level based increases seems very strange in my mind. Can you cite a source or explain your reasoning?
GIgantism: The legends vary. Some cases are as you said, some others are they are just tall men till they get angry, and in other cases they can change at will in order to lure in human prey before reverting to giant size.

War Shriek: In some of the legends whenever the Kiwhkw/Chenoo/other names let out their war cry it kills anyone who hears it.

Regrowth: I would have to add stats

Abilities: The stronger a shaman (or whatever the individual tribe calls their casters), the more powerful a Kiwahkw it makes, or in some cases the bigger the heart of ice the more powerful it is. This was kind of awkward, so I tied its abilities and ac bonus to it's caster level to represent that.