1. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: About Paladins (no allignment discutions here!)

Quote Originally Posted by Seffbasilisk View Post
    It does stack. I worked it out a while ago.

If you're so set that it doesn't stack, can you give me quotes proving me wrong?
    From my copy of the Complete warrior, page 50:

**The XP cost presented here assumes that the weapon being imbued does not already have an enhancement bonus. If it does, the cost to imbue it with additional power is reduced. For instance, if a kensai has a +1 longsword and wants to imbue it with the power to be a +3 longsword, he may do so by paying the difference in XP cost between creating a +1 weapon and a +3 weapon (360 minus 40, or 320 XP).
    So, you can't add to a weapon until you have the ability to pay more xp and add to the total plus.

And as far as the enhancement bonus, they never stack. If you have a masterwork sword (+1 enhancement bonus to attack) it doesn't give you a total of +2 to hit if you make it into a +1 weapon. Or if you have a +2 sword and someone casts magic weapon on it, it's still only a plus 2. If you can cite any example where it works differently, do tell.
    Last edited by Zincorium; 2007-01-02 at 03:19 PM. Reason: providing additional example
    "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
    - Thomas Jefferson