Just think of what would happen if you called him a sorceror... *shudder*
Quote Originally Posted by Anh the Houseless
Anh the Houseless

Choatic Evil
Neraphim
Fighter 2/Death Master 3/Spellsword 1/Master Thrower 1/Spellsword +9/Master Thrower +4

Spoiler: Stats
Show

Str 16
Con 14
Dex 12
Int 14
Wis 08
Cha 14

Level Increases:
4th, 8th, 12th -- Str
16th -- Dex
20th -- Str

Spoiler: Story
Show

"Wow! You must be some kind of wizard or something!"

Anh let out a throaty growl. "I am not a wizard!"

The litte halfling practically bounced up and down with excited glee, arms flailing about as he spoke. "'Sorcerer' then. Or 'mage'. 'Practitioner'. Whatever you want to call it. The way you threw that ...er... hoop-thing. I swear, it went right around that boulder. And fish-face never saw it coming!! He just stood there and watched the loop smack him right between his bulgy eyes. Gotta be some kind of magic at play. Right? Right???"

Anh ignored the ever-flapping mouth the the little halfling as they picked their way along the seaside cliff. He stopped beside a corpse, blood still oozing from the slash through its face. Anh reached down and pulled his annulat from the wound, carefully cleaning away the sickly blood from the razor-sharp wire.

All the while, the halfling prattled on. "I mean, come on!! That was so awesome! What a throw! Can you teach me how to do that? Huh? Can ya, can ya? Please? My uncle had a boomerang that he could throw and bounce off of people. Not that I ever saw him do it, of course, but he said he could. But that was amazing, the way you arced that circle at him, and right into his face...and all the while he just stood there, staring at it." The halfling went silent and still for just a moment, eyes bulging out ahead of him, unfocused, in imitation of the fallen kua-toa's final moments. He then continued, his whole body bouncing again with an over-abundance of energy as he spoke. "It was a spell, wasn't it? Wasn't it? Sooo coooool! I've always wanted to know how to use magic. It would be so amazing. But my mom always said...."

Anh continued to ignore the halfling's chatterings, focusing instead on the corpse at his feet. He ease down into a low squat next to the body and searched through its pockets and possessions. He found some food, dried fish it seemed. There were a few knick-knacks and such -- shark teeth, pretty-but-worthless pebbles, and the like. It had also held a spear of some kind, with strong cord worked into the construction of the haft end. Anh held it, feeling for its balance, and found that he liked it very much. He took it for his own.

"...which is how I managed to get back out of Limbo, even though I didn't have any magic of my own. But you knew that already, I guess, since you came with me, huh? And now you can teach me all about magic and spells and casting them and how to use those wand thingies and -- Hey..." The halfling looked down at the kua-toa and the deep gash across its face. "...what did that guy do to piss you off so much, anyway? He must have done something really bad. Must've really pissed you off. Although, I've heard that wizards like you can be pretty temperamental. My grandpappy always said --"

Anh jerked his hand up with sudden force, driving the butt end of his new weapon into the jaw of the halfling. The little man went silent for a moment, completely still. Then he sank to his knees. And, finally, pinched forward onto his face with a thud.

Anh's reptilian lips pulled back from sharp teeth in an ugly grin, enjoying the silence. "He called me a wizard."

Spoiler: Build
Show

Level Class Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Skills Feats Class Features
1st Fighter 1 +1 +2 +0 +0 Climb 4(4); Intimidate 4(4); Sleight of Hand 4(2); Swim 4(4) 1st: EWP: Koa-Toa Harpoon; B: Weapon Focus: Koa-Toa Harpoon --
2nd Fighter 2 +2 +3 +0 +0 Climb 1(5); Intimidate 1(5); Sleight of Hand 1(2.5); Swim 1(5) B: Power Attack --
3rd Death Master 1 +2 +3 +0 +2 Climb (5); Intimidate (5); K:Arcana 2(2); K:Religion 1(1); Sleight of Hand 1(3); Swim (5) 3rd: Point Blank Shot Rebuke Undead; Undead Minion
4th Death Master 2 +3 +3 +0 +3 Climb (5); Intimidate (5); K:Arcana 2(4); K:Religion 2(3); Sleight of Hand (3); Swim (5) -- --
5th Death Master 3 +4 +4 +1 +3 Climb (5); Intimidate (5); K:Arcana 2(6); K:Religion (3); Sleight of Hand 2(4); Swim (5) -- --
6th Spellsword 1 +5 +6 +1 +5 Climb (5); Concentration 1(1); Intimidate (5); K:Arcana (6); K:Religion 2(5); Sleight of Hand (4); Spellcraft 1(1); Swim (5) 6th: Precise Shot Ignore Spell Failure 10%
7th Master Thrower 1 +6/1 +6 +3 +5 Climb (5); Concentration 1(2); Intimidate (5); K:Arcana (6); K:Religion (5); Sleight of Hand (4); Spellcraft 1(1); Spot 5(5); Swim (5) B: Quick Draw Thrown Weapon Trick (Two With One Blow)
8th Spellsword 2 +7/2 +7 +3 +6 Climb (5); Concentration 2(4); Intimidate (5); K:Arcana (6); K:Religion (5); Sleight of Hand (4); Spellcraft 2(3); Spot (5); Swim (5) B: Brutal Throw --
9th Spellsword 3 +8/3 +7 +4 +6 Climb (5); Concentration 2(6); Intimidate (5); K:Arcana (6); K:Religion (5); Sleight of Hand (4); Spellcraft 2(5); Spot (5); Swim (5) 9th: Power Throw Ignore Spell Failure 15%
10th Spellsword 4 +9/4 +8 +4 +7 Climb (5); Concentration 2(8); Intimidate (5); K:Arcana (6); K:Religion (5); Sleight of Hand (4); Spellcraft 2(7); Spot (5); Swim (5) -- Channel Spell 3/day
11th Spellsword 5 +10/5 +8 +4 +7 Climb (5); Concentration 2(10); Intimidate (5); K:Arcana (6); K:Religion (5); Sleight of Hand (4); Spellcraft 2(9); Spot (5); Swim (5) -- Ignore Spell Failure 20%
12th Spellsword 6 +11/6/1 +9 +5 +8 Climb (5); Concentration 2(12); Intimidate (5); K:Arcana (6); K:Religion (5); Sleight of Hand (4); Spellcraft 2(11); Spot (5); Swim (5) 12th: Death Devotion Channel Spell 4/day
13th Spellsword 7 +12/7/2 +9 +5 +8 Climb (5); Concentration 2(14); Intimidate (5); K:Arcana (6); K:Religion (5); Sleight of Hand (4); Spellcraft 2(13); Spot (5); Swim (5) -- Ignore Spell Failure 25%
14th Spellsword 8 +13/8/3 +10 +5 +9 Climb (5); Concentration 2(16); Intimidate (5); K:Arcana (6); K:Religion (5); Sleight of Hand (4); Spellcraft 2(15); Spot (5); Swim (5) -- Channel Spell 5/day
15th Spellsword 9 +14/9/4 +10 +6 +9 Climb (5); Concentration 2(18); Intimidate (5); K:Arcana (6); K:Religion (5); Sleight of Hand (4); Spellcraft 2(17); Spot (5); Swim (5) 15th: Practiced Spellcaster (Death Master) Ignore Spell Failure 30%
16th Spellsword 10 +15/10/5 +11 +6 +10 Climb (5); Concentration 1(19); Intimidate (5); K:Arcana (6); K:Religion 1(6); Sleight of Hand (4); Spellcraft 2(19); Spot (5); Swim (5) -- Multiple Channel Spell
17th Master Thrower 2 +16/11/6/1 +11 +7 +10 Climb (5); Concentration 1(20); Intimidate (5); K:Arcana (6); K:Religion (6); Sleight of Hand (4); Spellcraft (19); Spot 5(10); Swim (5) -- Evasion
18th Master Thrower 3 +17/12/7/2 +12 +7 +11 Climb (5); Concentration 1(21); Intimidate (5); K:Arcana (6); K:Religion (6); Sleight of Hand (4); Spellcraft (19); Spot 3(13); Swim (5); Skill Trick: Clarity of Vision 18th: Rapid Shot Thrown Weapon Trick (Defensive Throw)
19th Master Thrower 4 +18/13/8/3 +12 +8 +11 Climb (5); Concentration 1(22); Intimidate (5); K:Arcana (6); K:Religion (6); Sleight of Hand (4); Spellcraft (19); Spot 5(18); Swim (5); Skill Trick: Clarity of Vision B: Snatch Arrows --
20th Master Thrower 5 +19/14/9/4 +12 +8 +11 Climb (5); Concentration 1(23); Intimidate (5); K:Arcana (6); K:Religion (6); Sleight of Hand (4); Spellcraft (19); Spot 5(23); Swim (5); Skill Trick: Clarity of Vision -- Critical Throw; Thrown Weapon Trick (Weak Spot)

Spoiler: Spells
Show

Spells per Day/Spells Known
Level 0lvl 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
1st - - - - - - - - - -
2nd - - - - - - - - - -
3rd 3 1 - - - - - - - -
4th 4 2 - - - - - - - -
5th 4 2 1 - - - - - - -
6th 4 3 2 - - - - - - -
7th 4 3 2 - - - - - - -
8th 4 3 2 - - - - - - -
9th 4 3 2 1 - - - - - -
10th 4 3 2 1 - - - - - -
11th 4 3 3 2 - - - - - -
12th 4 3 3 2 - - - - - -
13th 4 4 3 2 1 - - - - -
14th 4 4 3 2 1 - - - - -
15th 4 4 3 3 2 - - - - -
16th 4 4 3 3 2 - - - - -
17th 4 4 3 3 2 - - - - -
18th 4 4 3 3 2 - - - - -
19th 4 4 3 3 2 - - - - -
20th 4 4 3 3 2 - - - - -

Spoiler: Level 5
Show

Fighter 2/Death Master 3. Simple. Easy.
The Koa-Toa Harpoon is a melee weapon that can be thrown at a range of 30'. (A weapon that can be used in a charge or thrown seems perfect for a Neraph, doesn't it?) You can then hold an enemy 'pooned. At which point, your undead can swarm it.
At 5th level, you're casting 2nd level Death Master spells (which includes both Animate Dead and Command Undead). And you have Rebuke Undead (albeit at a low CL) and an Undead Minion.

Spoiler: Level 10
Show

A lot of the spells you might be casting through the day are going to be out of combat (Animate Dead, Desecrate, etc.), but there are still plenty of spells you'll want to chuck around in combat. Death Masters can cast spells without somatic components by substituting vials of blood. But it's not exaclty practical to have enough blood on hand to use with every spell. So being able to Ignore Spell Failure is quite handy.

The big draw here, though, is to combine Channel Spell with Master Thrower's Two With One Blow ability. Channel Spell allows you to cast a spell into a melee weapon (Koa-Toa harpoon qualifies) and the spell is released on the next successful attack. (Nothing states that the attack can't be ranged.) Two With One Blow lets you attack two opponents simulatneously with one weapon. One attack roll that could hit either, neither, or both. Hitting both opponents with one attack should channel your spell into both opponents (and 'poon them both, no less.) (At 10th level, third level spells are available, meaning that channeled spell could be Bestow Curse, Poison, Slow....)

Spoiler: Level 16
Show

Multiple Channel Spell lets you double up on the spells stored in your weapon. With 4ths now, that means you can channel two Enervation spells (no save) through your harpoon to hit two enemies with both spells. The wade into melee against them with the Death Devotion ability active. (Probably best to practice up on that throaty evil laugh!)

Spoiler: Level 20
Show

These levels simply finish off Master Thrower.
Final Total:
  • Full BAB-1
  • Power Attack and Power Throw (BAB to damage)
  • Weak Spot as a Thrown Weapon Trick (Touch attack for thrown weapons)
  • Neraph Camouflage (No Dex to AC for first attack)
  • Two With One Blow (Just what it says)
  • Channel Spell (Add Enervation (twice?) or similar)

All equals one hell of a first impression!

Add in:
  • Quick Draw
  • Daggers and/or annulats
  • Rapid Shot

Continues that impression through the rest of the round.

Follow with:
  • Death Devotion
  • Four attacks from BAB

Keeps that impression going through the fight.

Spoiler: Resources Beyond the SRD
Show

Monster Manual V -- Koa-Toa Harpoon
Dragon Magazine Compendium -- Death Master
Complete Warrior -- Master Thrower
Complete Adventurer -- Brutal Throw feat; Power Throw feat
Complete Champion -- Death Devotion feat
Complete Arcane -- Practiced Spellcaster feat
Complete Scoundrel -- Clarity of Vision skill trick