Quote Originally Posted by hawklost View Post
If the Wizard only has to see something once to perfectly duplicate it (even without studying it carefully), here are a few things that work.

- A Map
- A Secret letter (he can look at it once, destroy the original and then when he gets to the location to give it, use Minor Conjuration to reproduce it, no chance of it getting stolen)
- A Key (Get out of Jail, into homes)
- A Small Boat (Ok, more like a plank of light wood to hold onto in the water but still)
- A Sled!
- Food/water ( but he gets hungry again an hour later )
- Most Artisan Tools
- Glowing Cloths (he can be a fashion thief!)
Depending on the definition of 'takes damage' then a weapon or even armor (since they never 'take damage' when you are using them in combat, DM call though)
Most sets of tools would constitute many individual items. I guess it would depend on how the DM ruled it but along the same lines you could say something like "I conjure a dungeoneering pack" and that also wouldn't technically fall into the spirit or the RAW of the ability.

The best thing I've seen so far is the key. The DM might rule that each key is different in such detailed ways that this wouldn't work for a specific key, though I don't know if anything like that is mentioned in RAW. Realism wise it doesn't make sense that you would be able to exactly replicate a specific key unless you had some kind of special knowledge or experience related to key making.

You could also conjure like a ring and the fact that it was glowing magical would make it seem valuable to someone not familiar with the conjuration discipline.

If I were DM'ing my response to anyone trying to pawn off conjured goods would be:

NPC: "I used to be a conjurer like you, before I took an arrow to the knee"

Even though it's abuse able, technically it's reasonable to think you could rip people off with conjured items, so it's up to your DM if he favors realism or balance in his games.

Maybe he wouldn't let you sell it, but he would let you use it as a bartering tool as a creative way to obtain something specific to your quest from an NPC. Like trading it to a goblin for information about upcoming traps for example.