Quote Originally Posted by Grey Watcher View Post
I think this might be a bit too powerful. Just off the top of my head, I can see a Pelagian Sorcerer or Warlock really making Dispel Magic and Counterspell into wrecking balls (admittedly a niche exploit, but that's just for starters). Maybe they can only do it a limited number of times per short or long rest?
Good point, I hadn't thought of Dispelling applications. As a side-note, by all means, I welcome people pointing out corner cases and niche exploits! That is the downfall of many a seemingly-innocuous houserule, after all, and it is best to nip these things in the bud!

I'll have to think about how to fix it. On the one hand, limiting the number of uses would probably reign in the abuse, but it feels like possibly a bit too much bookkeeping if we are trying to fit into 5E's streamlined aesthetic. I'll post later tonight with further thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Watcher View Post
Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, it feels a little martial-specific, but then you realize that "an attack that deals damage" means you could apply this to spell damage. Can the Pelagian use this on himself?
The intent was for him not to be able to use it on himself, so I will add that in. Other than that, yeah, I hope it would prove equally useful for allied martials and allied mages. It also means that the pelagians are diminished a bit when they fight alone, but rather scary when encountered in groups, which I like as a flavor thing. Always looking out for each other, and so on. Sort of matches (hopefully) with the "honor warrior guys" vibe I am trying to give them. And in a PC context, with mixed races and everything, it helps to put a spotlight on the pelagian PC as "this guy is both a good guy to have giving you advice in combat as well as someone who might slot naturally into a leadership role."

And thank you, for coming back to read and comment again!