View Single Post

Thread: 5e Homebrew - The Inquisitor

1. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: 5e Homebrew - The Inquisitor

Quote Originally Posted by Amnoriath View Post
    While a decent concept it is clunky to keep track of and overpowered in a few different respects.
    1. In total you have about 5-6 different pools to keep track of on top of spells, all of which gain a rather large number upon first getting the ability.
    2. Adding your proficiency bonus again to all attacks is very large in this game and the fourth option can be spammed to all heck and back with the Exterminator Dogma. The third one is too limited to really take all that seriously.
    3. Rebuke Heathen has no specification for the target/s as such it is crowd control to any thing small to your desire and really goes against flavor.
    4. You get automatic mind blank at the same level full casters do except you are doing 6 times a day with no concentration. This is so borked beyond reason aside from the lack of a specified action.
    5. This class gets an inordinate amount of cantrips, rather or not that is a problem more or less depends on them cantrips.
    6. Charisma is an odd stat to base this off of as Inquisitors are traditionally more skill based.
    7. The Exterminator having a holy ward of damage simply makes no sense as he is the assassin of the 4.
    8. The level 20 ability really just says you get 4 9th level spells known and one use of it a little underwhelming in terms of usage as well as in relation to others. It really doesn't have any affect advantage.
    9. Lots of dead levels
    1. The player that is using this class in my Campaign dose not mind the the resource poll tracking, so that could be changed to a different value or even to a fixed value of that goes up every half a dozen of levels.
    2. That is the point of judgments, they are overpowered, they have a fixed time and can be be resisted (i just looked i didint writ that part down, will be fixed)
    3. Could you elaborate more on this?
    4. I will add that it is used as a bonus action, and will change it to once per day. (as a level 8 spell on level 15 a cleric can cast one, so this looks ok from my point of view)
    5. Yes this will be changed
    6. As i said before this is my choice, anyone can change this to something else but i see the Inquisitor as more of a Social Class some that influences people it's not a pure holy rouge.
    7. He is not a assassin. He is more of a holy rouge if any of the sub classes are.
    8. Sure you gain them, like the cleric gains spells and a way to commune with his Deity, but them being underwhelming i don't agree.
    9. I don't see this, i mean i built him using main classes from PH, and they have the same amount of "Dead Levels"
    Thank you for the input :D

Quote Originally Posted by Theodoxus View Post
    Having said that, I like this, though I think I'll let me resident Inquisitor player look it over before passing final judgement.
    Nice work though :)
    Thank you :D
    Last edited by dazbogdan; 2014-10-05 at 05:14 AM.
    “Wise words are like arrows flung at your forehead. What do you do? Why, you duck of course.”

My Homebrew:
    5e Homebrew - The Inquisitor (WiP)
    5e Homebrew - Shaman (WiP)
    5e Homebrew - Warden (WiP)
    5e Homebrew - Warlord (WiP)
    5e Homebrew - Races (WiP)
    5e Homebrew - Feats (WiP)
    5e Homebrew - Items (WiP)
    5e Homebrew - Spells (WiP)