Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
How so? Ruling point of AW is that if something happens that should have been a move, it is a move. If the natural fiction brings you to and through a situation handled by a move, the game says that's a move.
Mmm, but I read that differently, also because I was thinking about before Applejack starts trying to buck all the apples. Once she is tired, then I agree that is likely a problem and should trigger, but she still isn't "asking for help". It puts the action that triggers the move as part of the effect of the move which is weird, and why I suggested "reveal a problem" instead, though it isn't a perfect fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
Help Decide

When you help someone decide between two conflicting responsibilities, roll +Loyalty (NB: Stat names still under heavy consideration, for now I'm thinking elements of harmony)

10+: Both.
7-9: Pick one:
- They mark XP if they take your advice
- They take [some sort of penalty/freeze up/generate a new Problem] if they don't.

Another common theme of FiM episodes is someone, usually Rainbow Dash but everyone's been there, deciding between temptation and friendship. Usually these arcs resolve in someone finding out about it and giving some snarky advice. I think this move will gain more definition once Responsibilities get fleshed out and once I come up with a reason to encourage ponies to try and juggle multiple, conflicting responsibilities. The +problems thing is really cool I think because it lets a friend predict doom if their advice is ignored, much like a Perspective in Kingdom.
This one reads strange with Both and Pick One. I'd write it out in full sentence perhaps.
Probably have something to say about the weal/woe duality, but can't really brain it right now. For this style of move maybe take a look at the DW Wizard's Know-It-All move? It's similar, but generally a little more positive. Have to see how problems turn out before seeing if adding one with a basic move really works.