1. - Top - End - #1
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Shadow of the Demon Lord (Robert Schwalb's Dark Fantasy RPG)

Spoiler
    Show

Shadow of the Demon Lord.
    a role-playing game by Robert J. Schwalb.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert J. Schwalb
    If D&D and WFRP screwed in a church, Shadow of the Demon Lord is what they would have nine months later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert J. Schwalb
    The core idea is that the world is one of many realities, each of which is separated by a yawning gulf of darkness called the Void. In the murky depths of this infinite expanse lurk entities of malevolent will, formless, inscrutable beings that have no physical form until called forth into a world, where they become demons. The greatest of these entities is the Demon Lord, a being of vast and incalculable power. The Demon Lord hungers. It craves destruction, to feast on mortal souls, to unravel creation. And over the march of eons, the Demon Lord has broken free from the Void to drag one of many realities screaming into its darkness. In the game, the Demon Lord has drawn near to the world and its shadow creeps across the landscape like ink spilled on a map.
    Links

Main
    Rob has announced the game and is doing a panel this evening (10/24/14) at GMX in Franklin, TN to discuss the game. I've been authorized to break my NDA and talk about the game. I live in Nashville and have been gaming with Rob for a number of years. This year we've been playtesting the rules for his new RPG Shadow of the Demon Lord released under his own brand (Schwalb Entertainment).

This weekend we'll be releasing more information about the game and I (along with other playtesters and Rob himself) will be running games of Shadow of the Demon Lord at the convention. This weekend is going to be pretty hectic but I'll try and answer any questions you have that I'm able to answer at this time. The purpose of this thread is to serve as an unofficial clearinghouse for information about the game posted elsewhere and to answer questions about it.

Google URL Shortener for this thread: http://goo.gl/s6x1yj

Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    Want to give Demon Lord a spin? Live in TN, KY, AL, GA, NC, or SC? Have your local game store drop a line at [email protected]!
    Last edited by Chambers; 2014-10-29 at 02:57 PM.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.